AuthorTopic: [WIP] Try at a scrollingshooter ship. Need help!  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Warwolt

• View Profile

[WIP] Try at a scrollingshooter ship. Need help!

on: March 23, 2008, 07:22:03 pm
I can see the problem, but IŽd like to get some tips on how to fix this fella. I just can't seem to place the cockpit there properly. The shades get all weird. The basic ship is alright but eh.. its just wrong. An edit to show how to fix it would be appriciated to as Im relearning most stuff as I havent pixeled in a while.

Mind you im using Paint right now, I usually use Gamemakers sprite editor (I find it VERY comfartable to use, as It was the program I learnt to pixel in)

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Try at a scrollingshooter ship. Need help!

Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 12:49:02 am
change HUE values, use less saturation, and choose a light source direction other than yourself.
that would be ok.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 03:54:51 am
Don't ever same a sprite as .jpeg, it screws up the image. Save it is .PNG or .GIF

Offline Gaspy Conana

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:25:05 am
I'm going to mirror what the others said. This piece has some really crazy pillow shading going on, I almost want to rest my head on your ship. Also, don't get down on MS Paint. It is a powerful little program and I use it for all of my pixel work.
...formerly known as Necropixel and Simdrone052.

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 09:02:07 am
The artifacting here is ridiculous! o_O I'll reiterate: jpeg = BAD!

You definitely need a light source. I would suggest the top of the screen. As far as design goes, I think the ship would look cleaner if the top were angular rather than smooth all the way across. Also, if this is a shooter, where are the guns?? :P I think it might be more interesting if you added a couple to front of the ship. Also, does it need to be so... stout? It doesn't look all that aerodynamic....

Have an edit!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:45:08 am by tehwexxl0rz »