AuthorTopic: Movements.  (Read 8291 times)

Offline Jouchin

• View Profile

Movements.

on: February 29, 2008, 12:52:46 pm
Hey I made this base, I have another account on here but I forgot the name so I remade.

Ok I need help with the movement states, especialy the sides because they just suck bad. Could any of you help me please, and also maybe help me out with the colours please.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 12:55:17 pm by Jouchin »

Offline Jouchin

• View Profile

Re: Movements.

Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:39:41 pm
Bump ^-^

Offline BlackDragon

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 11:31:57 pm
Allow 24 hours for a reply. But do not bump period. Post updates instead.

Okay the peice looks nice but it needs more contrast between colors. For example make the light colors light and the darker colors darker.

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:39:37 pm
People do not normally walk with the left-side arm and leg forward while the right-side leg and arm goes backwards. Try to make the arm go forward on the side the leg goes backwards.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:41:55 pm by buloght »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 11:52:08 pm
People do not normally walk with the left-side arm and leg forward while the right-side leg and arm goes backwards. Try to make the arm go forward on the side the leg goes backwards.

Quite right!  Also, One thing that might be helpful for getting more feedback is if you posted animated .gif files, so we could see your animations in motion.  There is a tools/utilities thread in the General forum that includes links to many applications that can create animated .gifs.

Offline Jouchin

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 11:25:02 am
Ok I updated it and changed the legs does it look better now. I will do the shading later on.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 02:58:15 pm
lol another byond guy...
doesnt look bad except the sidesprites
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline Jouchin

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 03:15:10 pm
Hehehe yeah Thats me :P. Yeah I need help with sides I can never do them correctly :(. I need someone to show me how to do it.

Offline x0adam0x

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 04:47:11 am
I'm new to pixeling but from what I can tell something's wrong with his head from the side views.. o_o

Offline Yar

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 05:11:13 am
Hey I made this base, I have another account on here but I forgot the name so I remade.

I really don't like 'busting' people for this kind of thing, but...
I'm yet another BYOND guy, and I'm a moderator for our humble little pixel art guild on that game making site. My forum name is TheMonkeyDidIt.
The poster quoted above made a similar post on the BYOND pixel art guild and it was pointed out that, although he may have (or may have not) posted this before as Tadao, he's now using MetalFox's edit for the first frames of his current anim.  This user is currently banned from the Byond pixel art guild for trying to pass this off as his instead of learning from it. While this isn't exactly war crime material, I wanted to let the mods here know about it so they can do whatever they feel is correct. The last thing I want is for BYOND peoples to come over here and act foolish and create bad blood.