AuthorTopic: help me out here.  (Read 3497 times)

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

help me out here.

on: February 10, 2008, 05:43:04 am
Okay, so i'm working on an idle stance right now, and I animated the black flamey-stuff around his hand, and was considering animating the chest.

this is where the problem comes in. I suck at animation somewhat, and can't figure out how to create the look of subtle breathing in this character. Does he need it? I can't decide whether he does or not.

More might come later.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:23:47 am by AlienQuark »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: help me out here.

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 05:45:48 am
i say keep the silhouette the same and just slowly shift the lapels and the edge of the highlight under the breast
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:22:09 am
I wasn't able to figure out a way to do what you said I should Adarias. I'm only using 4 frames per animation, which is definitely limiting what I can do. At the same time, I need to be limited, so that I don't try to do more than I realistically can.

Here's the boss animated idle. I feel kinda proud of this one.

Offline Jacky-Boy

• Roman Candle
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 09:22:27 pm
This looks awesome AlienQuark. I love the design of him.
The animation's looking good too, I feel the legs could use some subtle movement. Possibly just a simple up/down bob bending at the knees.
The animation loop is pretty obvious, but it still looks quite natural, given the restrictions.
With the back arm, I feel it looks pretty awkward compared to the other two. I'd add a slight bend in the elbow and wrist like the one in front.
TAKE A KEY FOR COMING IN!

ConceptArt Sketchbook

Offline Ixis

• View Profile
    • Ixis' dA site

Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 11:05:21 pm
I really like the boss animation too. One thing though, is that with the position of the upper-body and the arms, it looks like the boss is a little right-heavy. The foot he has out front is really far to the left and doesn't look like it's supporting much of his weight (which is on the right leg, and not bent from the pressure.) I'd maybe pull the left leg towards the center more and bend the right one, or move his upper body further to the left so more of it is supported on that leg.