AuthorTopic: June animations  (Read 8525 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: June animations

Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 04:33:14 am
I dont think is worth to change the character concept only to make the hand more readable, dont you guys think that its enough for an action game?? i prefer to make something simple and pretty than 100% readable, im mory worried with the mistakes than the style, like the head and the shoulder movement.

the large design that you pixelled is fine, the running animation literally has the breasts misplaced.  It's neither simple nor pretty, has nothing to do with changing the design, and is definitely a mistake, not a style point.

as long as the legs and arms movement are ok, its only a matter of adding another shade color to fix the read problem

this is where you are going wrong.  you can't just throw down pixels between the arms and call them a chest, they need to make sense.  right now they don't and it's hurting the entire animation.

sorry to be so frank :P
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 04:34:58 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 05:10:06 am
I tottaly agree with you about the chest, im trying right now to fix it and the shoulder (its not working anyway, i just suck at small pixels), i was talking about taking off the gloves or change the color...

-EDIT-
i think i fixed the shoulder and the head, now ill try the chest
OLD
NEW
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:35:53 am by BlackFang »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 06:05:12 am
No worries about changing gloves, just suggestion. With removing the frames, I thought it made the animation seem like she is running faster, but if your looking for something smooth then you can keep em. But look into getting those arms still in sync with the legs, since they are still out.

edit:This is just to show that your portrait the armour is less chunky and u can try to get that on the sprite.

hehe i think you should ditch your whole concept and make her pregnant, 'juno animations'.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 11:23:49 am by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Lazycow

• Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    • flurrycow
    • flurrycow
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/15168.htm
    • View Profile
    • homepage

Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 08:20:01 am

In each animation frame, at least one leg is on the ground. I have seen this running style in some animes, but like this the animation looks a bit like ice-skating. So if you want to add more frames to the the animation, why not adding 2 more frames where no leg touches the ground? I would say, between frame #1 and #2 and another between #4 and #5.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:51:28 pm by Lazycow »
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. Yes we can!

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 02:50:42 pm
I think the body is bent waaaay too far forward, unless she's running at supersonic speeds she would fall on her face.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 03:15:59 pm
I think the reason she looks like she's power-walking/skating is because the legs are spending most of their time push along the ground, when usually in running cycles they probably should spend more time "swooping" back to the front.

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 05:18:45 pm
Lazycow and ben2theedge, i think both of you are talking about the 1st animation frame (that orange thing, i posted to show some sort of WIP) i made, a lot have changed, here the last update of the sheet and a small update on the portrait (with some AA and stuff). Lawrence are you talking about the WIP sheet too or about the last GIF i posted?

Thanks sharp! that body you made is perfect, i just dont like what you did with the arms legs and face, thats what i was saying before about style, but the chest armor is amazing, ill analize it and make some changes here
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:24:06 pm by BlackFang »

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 07:17:49 pm
The animation is much easier to read now!
 It would be even better with a proper heel-strike.

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 04:08:30 am
Thats all i could do to make the torso more readable, it you guys still think its too random just tell me that i make it all over again.Changed the arm on some frames too

NEW
OLD

Im also adding the fighting stance (after running/fighting plays this animation, then she crosses her arms). And im not posting here to hear critics, i know there is a lot of anatomical problems, i didnt give it any attention because i hated the result, the movement is so "default" and looks like crap, im here to ask some suggestions about how she should move, if anyone have some creative ideas just tell me.

-EDIT-
NEW
NEW2
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:10:28 am by BlackFang »

Offline BlackFang

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 04:08:58 am
Added some colors... 1 on the skin, 2 blacks to the cloth and changed the armor palete to more greenish and added one color too, this may help the read too
OLD
NEW