AuthorTopic: [WIP]Pixeljoint Import Character  (Read 2985 times)

Offline micr0softener

• View Profile

[WIP]Pixeljoint Import Character

on: January 18, 2008, 09:08:36 am
Hey. I've got a character design critique going on at Pixeljoint, and was wondering what it would be like here. For future reference, I'm not quite as dedicated as most people here seem to be, so... well, you might not hear from me for a while. But I'll take everything into account.

Right, the character.

This is for a side-scrolling Castlevania/Doukutsu-esque adventure/platformer/rpg game. It's also my second ever attempt at outline breaking. The first image is the character's breathing animation (kind of- mostly it's a test to see if I can animate this thing at all), the second one is the full planning image. Sorry about the black-stars thingy, that's an animation plan for the walk cycle that was part of the image. The other things are the character's base pose, side-on pose and colour blocks.

I've seen that this site is a lot tougher than Pixeljoint for the most part. I'd like to hear about ANY problems you can find. ANYTHING. I'd like this to end up perfect. (ah, wouldn't we all...)

Edit: changed title
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 09:11:03 am by micr0softener »

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Pixeljoint Import Character

Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 09:05:18 pm
Hi, interesting start! I could suggest speeding up the time between idle animations, also, maybe the idle animation timing on the hands could be offset, lke one hand moves a frame behind the other, to "jazz" it up...

Offline micr0softener

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Pixeljoint Import Character

Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 04:21:01 am
Fair enough calls, both. I'll have to give that one hand moves first thing a shot- it probably would work rather well.
As for the slow idle time, I do have a justification- I've timed it so that it's close to a controlled breathing cycle. Try breathing that speed, in through the nose, out through the mouth. I might have to lengthen the 'holding breath' segment, though.