AuthorTopic: Mountain Range  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Doomcreator0

• I thought I was a tree. I'm not. My life is a lie.
    • View Profile

Mountain Range

on: January 08, 2008, 01:26:27 am
Here I am again. Well I haven't pixeled lately but I've decided to start a new one to finish for a site competition. It's going to be a guy sort of sitting/leaning on the edge of the cliff looking onto the sunset behind the mountains.

Current.

Mountains inspired by fool somewhat.  :)

Please help me out with suggestions and critique.  :)
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Mountain Range

Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:56:34 am
yeah the fool inspiration is apparent but not at all in a bad way :)

id say that what you have so far is fine, though i worry slightly about your shapes; when you put highlights pretty much in the middle of your shading it just flattens the whole thing out.  pick and end (the top left in your case) and rock it, otherwise you'll have trouble convincing us of form.

for where you are going to take this - take it from me, landscapes are ALL about depth of space.  There are thousands of spaces with different target depths, but you need to pick one for this scene and run with it.  your best bet is the classic deep shot with levels of depth, but i don't know, you could surprise us in a good way going for something close.......just, like i said, make it a real statement, don't fall into the arbitrary scaling trap.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.