AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 282009 times)

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #700 on: June 15, 2008, 09:26:11 am
I love how De niro's character is such a nobody with no Social attributes at all, but some how gains the status of a hero by adding douses of psychotic behavior and possible terrorist undertones as well.
Interesting. I'm a nobody with no social attributes at all. Interesting...

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #701 on: June 16, 2008, 12:26:49 am

i just threw this together out of boredom, but i'm getting terrible deja-vu
anyone recognize the little guy? I'm hoping i've lifted him from a previous doodle of mine rather than someone else's work.
(not that there are many unique shapes accentuating the same features in a 16x16)

Offline Twinspiration

• View Profile

Reply #702 on: June 16, 2008, 12:37:41 am

i just threw this together out of boredom, but i'm getting terrible deja-vu
anyone recognize the little guy? I'm hoping i've lifted him from a previous doodle of mine rather than someone else's work.
(not that there are many unique shapes accentuating the same features in a 16x16)

I think it bears quite a resemblance to FFIV's 'Tiny Mage'.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #703 on: June 16, 2008, 02:57:18 pm
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #704 on: June 16, 2008, 03:03:25 pm
I say  :mean:

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #705 on: June 16, 2008, 04:48:34 pm
   You guys seem like a bright couple of eggs. So tell me, as I'm not so technologically savvy as a digital artist yet: Why is it when saving a piece as a .png file in mspaint, then opening that same file in Promotion and saving it, then reopening it back up in microsoft paint causes a TINY amount of color differential/loss? Small issue, but problematic as I can't control it, as my exact palette gets jacked, if I copy and paste it from Promotion to MSP. Now, I'm aware of the Global palette option in Promotion(which is nifty when keeping animations with a tight palette) but I'm more comfortable with Mspaints simple "glitch" eraser settings.
   I'm just curious, as I don't understand why a program can't save the exact color settings, when first saved. The colors themselves are just represented as numeric values to a cpu, so why can't it save that value, and transfer it over to another program with the same simple capability? I remember this same issue occured on the last community iso challenge, where people kept grabbing the iso wip, saving it, and by the time it got to 15th save or so(not that many saves, really, but you get the point), we all tended to notice a bit of color loss from the original. Do paint programs have an automatic setting, where it will optimize a file in png by default without your knowledge, every time you save it, due to it trying to be more efficient by saving more room and whatnot? Again, just a dumb guess, but I'd really like to know if anyone here actually knows the real answer, as it's been bugging me a bit. Any one have the slightest idea?
my back hurts...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #706 on: June 16, 2008, 05:07:51 pm
I think windows/mspaint is a bit borked with png support. The fast and simple method is to stop using mspaint, of course. If you want to do otherwise, save the palette in pro motion as a palette file and then when you put your art back in pro motion after running it through mspaint for whatever reason (seriously, you have no excuse) just reapply the palette.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #707 on: June 16, 2008, 07:32:07 pm
Mission: 9th Grade

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Reply #708 on: June 16, 2008, 08:33:45 pm
Mission: 12th Grade

...At least that will be the case by this friday. I'm getting really tired of high school. It's not as much fun when all of your best friends have already left.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:36:59 pm by chriskot »

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #709 on: June 16, 2008, 11:02:11 pm
yeah i just finished high school.

university for me in october :)