AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 282251 times)

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #271 on: March 04, 2008, 11:33:30 pm

clock radios - the lazy man's flashlight.  it's like those sprint commercials only just tilting the camera. 

oh and yeah, it's hard to write cursive on an inverted axis evenly over 30 seconds of exposure.

A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #272 on: March 05, 2008, 12:41:40 am
Gygax is dead......i thought he already was? hmph.  sucks.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #273 on: March 05, 2008, 12:43:38 am
Is it just me or is constructing heads from circles an overly constraining and tedious task with almost no benefits compared to just laying down a few disconnected guidelines? !yus!

Also, yes, RIP Gygax.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #274 on: March 05, 2008, 12:47:28 am
I'd say it make more sense to make a head out of sphere shapes--a face is 3d, not flat, no?  ???
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #275 on: March 05, 2008, 12:54:00 am
Um, spheres are the same as circles when unrendered, no? ???

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #276 on: March 05, 2008, 02:34:41 am
Last off-topic message from me:

@ sharprm & Dusty: Pregnant ladies and babies are not a persecuted minority group.

@ vedsten : Exactly my thoughts. "American History X - Curb Stompin' Mania!" came to my mind when I read your comment :S
I can't believe tough that we still have to resort to drawing parallels between racial and sexual discrimination to make people understand that it IS a big deal. It's 2008, when will people just get it?

Last month in the US, 2 gay youths were killed as a result of hate crimes. 15 year old Lawrence King took three bullets to the back of the head by one of his classmates. 17 year old Simmie Williams Jr. was attacked by two men and then shot. Countless others are harassed and beaten every single day. I won't even get into the global scene, if you want to know just google "gay hanging in Iran". Now what were you saying about pregnant women?

Now on topic: I'm calling dibs on Elvira: Mistress of the Dark.
First, this may not make sense to those who weren't following the latest Mock-up Frenzy thread... go there to see what this is about.
Okay... what did my post have to do with pregnant woman and babies?
There's ton of hate crime against all kinds of minorities/races/gender and any other thing that can make someone different from someone else. If this is the kind of attitude that was taken we wouldn't have a lot of good games/art... anything really.
I don't like hate crime anymore than the next person(assuming they don't like it), but I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the mock-up. It didn't depict anything remotely discriminative... it just had a cowboy dodging wrenches that were thrown by... nothing. Sure, it was about a movie that had gay guys in it... but how in the world does that make the mock-up offensive? I guess any movie that has any kind of hate crime is wrong now?
This is the kind of attitude that ends up with the whole world being censored, hands being led by the FCC and such so no one gets their feelings hurt.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #277 on: March 05, 2008, 02:35:58 am
A billing address is the address with which you have registered the card. Usually the same as where you live, but it may vary.
Oh ya... I guess I'm a little late, but I think it's also where your bills were sent before the digital age.

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada

Reply #278 on: March 05, 2008, 02:57:58 am
Nobody was censored. I did not ask for the image to be removed, but I could not go without expressing my disgust with the subject matter, and I am glad he had the sensibility to decide to take the mockup down himself.

I will not get into the argument of whether his drawings were harmless or not. If you saw the image and description and didn't think anything of it, there's nothing I can say that will change your mind about that. Maybe you just didn't pay enough attention to the movie. He was not just any cowboy, and wrenches were not thrown at him out of nowhere, for no specific reason.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #279 on: March 05, 2008, 03:01:56 am
I think part of Dusty's point was that the mockup itself, without the context of the movie, was entirely innocent. ::)