AuthorTopic: [WIP] EGA avatar  (Read 6087 times)

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] EGA avatar

Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 02:28:47 am
I disagree with Eck!
Much improvement, in my opinion.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 03:05:23 am
I like the new colors, though some of the details and definition seem to have been lost in translation. The mouth/eye/ear areas mostly. Also, the hair looks like a separate entity entirely now, I think some color shared colors between the head/hair could bridge the gap a bit and give it some more flow. :y:

I quite like the original one actually as well, nice and a bit more subdued and subtle. Anyway, keep up the good work. :)

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 04:41:30 am
no, eck is right about too much dither. or at least, you're dithering in places where you shouldn't.

a summary:
- i think you should drop the blue skintone.
- hair needs a darker shade
- eyes need a darker shade

I also think you might do better with a reference with different lighting. The problem with indoor/flash photography sort of stuff is that the light source is the camera, and you don't get shadows like you would if it was lit from elsewhere - so it doesn't define the planes of faces, or whatever the subject is, terribly well. Whereas in strong light you might get something like:

(which doesn't really look like you, but whatever. what i'm saying is that with different lighting you'd get better definition in the facial features.)

Offline tbone

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 04:14:55 am
Just a quick update. I've tried to address the crits - your edit was a big help, tocky.
Hopefully I've managed to reign in the dithering. Feels like I might be getting close to the final product.