AuthorTopic: Led Zeppelin (WIP) 3 colour pixel  (Read 3261 times)

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Led Zeppelin (WIP) 3 colour pixel

on: December 22, 2007, 12:12:10 pm
I've been spending a lot of my Xmas holidays just doodling and just looking for a decent project to work on when I saw the Mothership advert and well it inspired me to do a led zeppelin pixel in the same style.  This is by far my most ambitious project especially as I taught myself to pixel and up until a few months ago I would of thought 50 colours was fairly limited.  So far I've only done Page and Plant but Bonham and Johns are sketched out in a different version, and since they are partially obscured I want to make sure Page and Plant are done properly before I do anything to them.

What I would love most is a guide to using different dithering patterns, as you can see I've only used 2 different patterns and one of thems only in a small area.  Any criticisms/advice on the shading and anatomy is welcome, especially anatomy as altho I have a reference picture with them in the same pose I'm sure it could be improved.

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Re: Led Zeppelin (WIP) 3 colour pixel

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 02:23:52 pm
reference please?
untz untz untz?

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 02:40:02 pm
Knew Id forgotten something

Also got an updated version, just experimenting with dithering patterns in the background (found a tutorial with google search).  I will use the patterns more in the main image but not sure how much I will use them in the final background.  Will do more tonight, but I've got a train to catch now.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 04:22:31 pm
http://www.steveisaacs.com/archives/2007/10/led_zeppelin.jpg

going well so far, just don't make the dithering too complicated untill you've got all the forms correct. You want to be happy with the positions, anatomy and get all the lighting planned out before doing anything fancy.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 01:42:29 am
Yeah well I've added John Paul Jones in now, not happy with him tho might stray from the pic further to make his face/body better.  Also somehow my colour got faded when saved/uploaded on the other PC, didnt notice til just now but I wanted it bright red :S not sure which looks better now tho...