AuthorTopic: For my next trick...  (Read 7292 times)

Offline skoby

• View Profile

Re: For my next trick...

Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 05:24:46 pm
For what it's worth I attempted an edit before going out earlier and forgot to post  :( I tried to make the eyes look more 3 dimensional but keeping the cartoony feel to it.  I started to dither on the head but im not on my usual computor so had to use paint and this mouse sucks so gave up lol

Offline griffy6

• Agnostic
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 01:14:49 am
I love the clay colors too...oh heck, I'll change it back! :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 01:44:57 am
the purpose of ptoing's eye edit is not for you to just take it and leave it there. It's to see how aa works.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 09:04:49 pm

Super rough edit. Since the body has a nice clay-texture, the eyes just look painted on, so this is a small edit on the eyes to try and define form O:

Umm, yeah, I'm kind of making the eyes appear as holes/slits, and that might not be what you're aiming for, but I tried to help at least (:

I also gave him some more saturations in the shadows, the colour red has a tendency to be very saturated when it reflects itself O:
' _ '

Offline Dharokan

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 11:59:08 am

This is the first one, where I see the eyes as they are meant to be. nice edit!

Offline griffy6

• Agnostic
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 01:23:01 am
This topic is becoming quite popular! Thank you so much for all your help! (especially Helm and Ptoing...you guys are like celebrities here, thanks so much for joining me!!)

Anyway, sorry I haven't posted recently, my house was robbed. >:(

Helm, please don't take it like that; I didn't just take it and forget about it! If it looks like I did, I'll change it, I promise!
Ptoing, if it looked like I just snatched your edit and moved on, I'm truly sorry...I didn't mean to.

Also, I have decided to tell you who this guy is: he is one of the "Ci Boys" action figures by RedMagic. There are seven main characters, all with a different color, that have been reproduced many times over in different novelty items, etc. They all have different facial expressions that are formed with thick painted lines like my pixel is.

Edit: I made another edit. I dithered and saturated some shadows and added some more shading. I hope this at least shows that the bottom of his head sticks out a little - a bit like a manga head(?)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:29:44 am by griffy6 »