AuthorTopic: RPG Character Base, Side-View Woes  (Read 15519 times)

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: RPG Character Base, Side-View Woes

Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 06:43:28 am
Using the whole "I'm going for a certain style lol!" is just an excuse, their edits are perfectly fine and if you'd like to improve you'd take their "suggestions"(critiques) into consideration. Be prepared to give things up when getting critiques, sometimes, you just gotta give them up for the better of things. What you've been doing is getting great crits and you know, just telling them whats wrong with their edit(Which to be honest, there's nothing wrong, they've improved on your sprite in every way) and how they're being rude, bawwwwing basically, this is what angered me. I mean come on man, you rejected  Adarias' advice and just told him how mean he was being(Shit, the guy was still calm, was surprised honestly), he's like one of the best artists here, I think he knows what he's talking about.

Like how every mod says it:
"Reconsider your usage of the forum"
Instead of being a complete arrogant jackass to everyone, try being nice. Because if you don't change, eventually no one will post in your threads, I mean why would they? I wouldn't want to help a guy whose been talking crap to me.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 06:48:57 am
Um, wow.  Ok.  So, kids, I need you all to settle down just a little bit.  First of all, Xooxer, you ARE out of line.  I might not go so far as to call you a douche, but, you know then I might.  This is a critique board.  What this means is when you post your work here, people will critique it.  Sometimes people will spend a lot of their personal time providing guidance and advice for you.  What this boils down to is what might appear to be a double standard; people posting about your work might be a little harsh, as it is a common belief here that the best medicine sometimes tastes the worst.  However, folks posting edits to help you out are not exactly volunteering for the same treatment, do you get my drift?  For example, Sharpm posted an edit that improved on many, many aspects of your original artwork, and your response was:

Eh, your edit looks like a flexing mulscled baby.

This is not a good way to respond to someone who is trying to help, and has provided you with a lot of valid guidance.  It is condescending, and it is ungrateful.  THEN, of all things, and this blows my mind to be honest, after your rude response to Sharpm, another member actually took the time to take all the positive aspects of Sharpm's edit and correct it to accomodate all of your complaints about it.  Your response:

Eh, it doesn't really help...it barely resembles a human...

This is not just out of line, it's completely incorrect.  I don't know what else to say.  Two people taking time out of their day to help you out, and they get shot down and their efforts are insulted, IN SPITE OF the fact that they improve upon the original.  This is condescending.  This is ungrateful.

Sorry, but I don't feel like I need to take in every suggestion that some random person has and apply it to my art.

No?  Why on EARTH did you say
C+C always welcome.
at the top of the thread then?  Was it just to be polite?  Thanks for wasting everyone's time!

I won't make my charcater look like a wimpy green alien

Insulting the people that tried to help you again!  Not to mention being wrong again.  You, sir, are on a role.  This takes the cake though!  These two quotes come from the VERY SAME POST:

If anyone here is being a douche, sir, it is you.
no soup for you.

Yeah.  Adarias is the one being douche.  And to top it all off, sharpm makes another edit for you.  Don't know why.  Wish I could explain why our members are so nice.  This one conforms to all of your complaints about previous edits - you don't want a light source, you don't want shading, you don't want correct anatomy, you don't want correct colors.  And his edit is STILL helpful.  However, YOUR next post is a four paragraph rant about somebody else trying to help you and how you don't NEED their help.  Even though their help is ADVICE ON SIDE VIEWS.  THE EXACT HELP YOU ASKED FOR.  Now comes the bit that is going to get you banned:

Quit being so defensive. I'm not trying to bash you. I just would like someone to post something that sort of resembles an answer to my one and only question. I don't want to get into color counts, hue shifting or simplified poses. This is the pose I'm using, that's final. If you don't want to help with that, then don't expect me to reply with flowers and kisses.

A - You may have a point here, it's not really like our members to be so defensive.  However, they are justified, because...
B - What?  You called a member's edit a "wimpy green alien".  So, yes, you are trying to bash lots of people.
C - If you've been paying attention, there have been 3 edits, 2 addressing lighting, perspective and volume issues (all of which MATTER regardless of POSE), 1 of the edits even includes an edited side pose (which you promptly ignored) and another poster referred you to a widely respected game that features dynamic and exciting side views.  So if you want a post that resembles an answer to your "one and only question" open your eyes, son.  There's been quite a few.
D - You don't want to get into color counts, hue shifting, or different poses?  Then what, pray tell, are you doing here?  Seriously?
E - Really, what do you think this forum is for?  You asked for help, you got it and then some, and then you pissed on everyone.  No one here expects flowers and kisses, but rampant douchebaggery may sometimes incite ire.  Perhaps you've read the forum rules?  RULES  Rule #1: Don't be an ass.

What makes this a really red-letter thread though, is the following 6 or so posts, where you and bengoshia bitch each other out.  That is really top-class, professional behavior, and I hope to see more of that when you both return from your bans in a year.

And the cherry on top:

I've been doing this for quite some years now.

Well that just excuses everything.  See you guys in 2009!

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: December 07, 2007, 06:59:59 am
So, to sum it all up.
Xooxer you are banned. Rethink the way you behave and take criticism if you are returning at some point. Also, do not double post.
bengoshia and Adarias, you both get a strike, which unfortunately for you bengoshia turns out to be the 3rd one. While defending the community is always appreciated, jumping and insulting like that isn't the way to go.
And now this thread will be locked.