AuthorTopic: here's some of my stuff  (Read 2798 times)

Offline mahanisse

• View Profile

here's some of my stuff

on: November 30, 2007, 06:52:28 pm

here's two pictures i made in 97 with deluxepaint2 on PC. 320x256 256colors max..
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 08:17:48 pm by ptoing »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: here's some of my stuff

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 08:20:44 pm
Hello. You don't need to doublesize art on this forum, it has a zoom script. Second, here we post our references, so if these are photoreferenced - as they look - it would be a good idea to both mention this, and supply the references. I understand these may be lost in the sands of time since 1997 but at least mention clearly that you've copied from photograph to the pc.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:22:24 pm
Welcome to Pixelation.

You need to use [img] tags to display pictures. Also, no need to post scaled up versions. We have a zoom function (clicking on a pic zooms in, shift-click zooms out and alt-click resets to original)

*Gruh* what he said as well :P
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline mahanisse

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 05:13:41 pm
my mistake.

i forgot how the images i linked was doubled to appear on my own site. :)

they're from a random fashion magazine from 1996, vogue or something. unfortunately i don't know the names of the girls.

pre-scanner and pre-photoshop (that's pre-availability for me) anyway, so they're my colors.

sorry about the mixup. i'll make a real thread with more pics and more details.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 05:52:09 pm
If you plan to showcase your work, I'm not sure this part of the forum is for you. Here is for critique, and you won't really get lots of critique for 10 year old pieces. Post something you're working on now, prefferably work in progress so you may best benefit from edits and comments by the userbase.

Furthermore you should be warned that things have changed since the demoscene days. Glossy cover girls might have won compos in the past but here we aren't interested in how photorealistic something is as an end initself, and it won't get you much praise alone. Straight copying is especially frowned upon, and while eyeballing is a useful skill, it isn't about patient remaking of photographs most of the time. We are interested in good process, no ripping and very clear stating of source material. I understand how 10 year old art here, you didn't keep the clippings of the original photographs, but next time do keep your sources handy for comparison.

I am locking this thread, if you want critique, post new art with sources. If you want to showcase your stuff, do it in the general part of the forum, we have an OT-thread just for that.