AuthorTopic: Have you seen the Yellow Sign?  (Read 8980 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Have you seen the Yellow Sign?

Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 06:33:52 pm
mine is sorta monochromatic, every colour everywhere...
Ýours was sort of monochromatic? Man does that sound like oversimplifying....I think you should call it ubichromatic, you know? for ubiquitous?
Quote from: Freedictionary.com
u·biq·ui·tous
adj.
Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time; omnipresent: "plodded through the shadows fruitlessly like an ubiquitous spook" Joseph Heller.

I think that'd fit perfectly :p ubichromatic color theory haha

that is awesome. I really like how you did this, but I got no idea how you actually did it :p I'm gonna try and study it as much as I can, but I would like it to give it a diferent twist, here you almost try to make every color seem like the other, I want to make them bring eachother out a little more.

oh BTW, I was amazed with that little applet, I really dont have the foggiest about mixing colors O_o in that little triangle I never even came close, damn. Also, I didnt get the last excersise at all....make the a the opposite of the b and the c vs a minus a?.....huh?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 07:47:42 pm
Looks like you're doing something similar to the Munsell colour system, right?
I dunno if you're familiar with it.

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 09:39:22 pm
yeah it definitely reminds me of some of the experiments we did with our Munsell books in color theory class.  Hmm I'll definitely have to try doing one of these.  I'm still really crap at picking colors and making them work.  Your result here is very nice.  Good work.  The eyes are really bringing it down though.  They look like how people draw eyes before they learn to draw eyes.  Too bright as someone else pointed out.  And don't really look spherical, unnatural eyelid shape.  Also too big.  Just my opinion, they could use some love.  The rest of the face is pretty realistic and it makes those eyes really stand out as odd.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 09:43:48 pm by Locrian »

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 12:37:52 am
The chin looks like you've been punched and its shattered and bits have fallen off. I'm guessing this is facial hair but right now it looks really whack to me.

Overall, solid colours and a groin-grabbingly good piece.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 04:31:47 am
Hello. Thanks for the ideas and crits! That's what I like to hear, you spotted a lot of errors and 'near-errors'. I went back to edit a few things:

First of all, the eyes. Locrian and Darion are absolutely right, the rendering was just silly. Too bright, too 'blankety'. It's not correct now either, I just darkened the whites and made them more flat, but it's still not as 'alive' as in step 3. I slimmed down the nose shadow, which was a good idea, put a tricky little underlight on the lip and eased up on the lip outlines on both lip edges. Minor tweaks here and there, really, besides the eyes. But the eyes trouble me still. Edits, anyone? The shape is proper, it's the rendering that's doing things to it.

The eyebrows, chin and stuff stay as they are, currently. I'm still pondering David's crits, will see...

The colors are so cool; it almost looks like gasoline when its on concrete.

Yes! That's the effect! Swirling purples and diffracted orange and and and ALIEN mixes of otherwordly beauty. And the smell makes you high too.

boy you are ugly!!!

My mom doesn't seem to think so!!!

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 05:10:55 am
nice work.. you look kinda like a cross between maddox and johnny depp.. or however you spell his name
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 05:33:07 am
I dunno what your eye shape is like, but I really doubt it is like that.  There is way too much of a straight line on the eye lids.  And if you look at your image and imagine what the eye balls would look like if you had no eye lids, those things would be friggen huge!

Here is a quick edit:

or opened a bit: 

Maybe not your eyes, but a little more realistic looking yeah?  The eyes you gave yourself make you look like an alien or an anime character.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 05:47:14 am by Locrian »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 05:54:25 am
sexxxxelent

Went ahead and shamelessly copied you, and also fixed the stubble on chin everybody was complaining about. Anything left?

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 03:59:55 pm
thumbs up rainbow man! :D
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline l0rdtaz

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 12:22:09 pm
1 error still remains: You look squint-eyed (cross-eyed) your right eye (left eye on picture) is not looking straight forward.