AuthorTopic: girl sitting  (Read 12107 times)

Offline elise

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] girl sitting

Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 06:03:17 pm
Thanks for all the advice so far... ;) Here's my newest edit:

I tried to improve the hands and tried to make the upper arms seem longer by raising the shoulder a bit and redefining the wrists.

Better?  :-\

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 02:20:31 am
I really like the new hands. A definite improvement, although I think the hand holding her chin could have a bit more curve where the palm and wrist meet, if that makes sense. Anyways, I am looking forward to the completion of this piece, very much.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 07:25:08 pm
Another update... I'm not sure if I like how she's turning out. I originally meant to use limited colors and try not to dither so much but I just kind of went crazy.

Malor, I used my own wrists/hands for reference and at least for me, it's very angular, like... a trapezoid could fit in it. :-\ Bt if they really look off to other people, I'll change 'em.

Offline Kyle

• Balla
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 02:12:15 am
Her cheeks look like pimples now.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 02:34:03 am
Her cheeks look like pimples now.

OW, GOD DAMNIT.

URGE TO POP THEM = A=

He's right. You need bigger highlights or more subtle blush. Both can't stay or it'll be pimply for ever D:>
' _ '

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 03:06:51 am
I agree, no need for the white highlights. Im liking how this is going, I just think you should try adjusting your palette to rid of any colours that don't really serve any purpose before it becomes too much hastle. You're using a grey to AA parts for example which I personally think isn't really necissery. Plus theres some extra skin tones around the eyes which seem to be just upping the colour count because I wouldn't notice that making a difference.

I think you could use a bit of trial and error to figure out how you can make the most of your palette, I've just spent like 5 minutes seeing how I could make this a bit smoother. Not perfect but I do think it's an improvement as its softer on the eyes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 09:59:13 am by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 02:03:55 pm
Nice edit...  ;)

Haha, sorry about the cheeks. Bad habit.  :P

Here's my latest edit.

\

I agree with you about the palette, Terley. I thought about that last night when I got to 60 colors. I want her to look smooth, so if I need all the colors, I'll keep them but I'm not sure if I need them all. :-\

Offline Redshrike

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 09:14:47 pm
Hmm... something about this bothers me.  It doesn't really feel like she's resting her head on her hand or her elbow on her knee.  It looks like she's holding her arm in that position without putting any weight on it.  I'm not sure exactly why, but that's the feeling I get.
Great job, though!  The lineart is great, and I really like the shading so far.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 04:21:26 pm
I think you lost something meaningful when you redid her eyes - the eyes're too similar now, and the face is flatter, in general, than it was when you started. This edit is basically your newest version with a section of the original (just the inner eyes and nose) pasted over the top, but I messed around with it a little to try and blend it in, and played with her nose to see what would happen. I think the nose is bugging me (in your latest one) because it seems off center, in relation to where the mouth is at.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 11:36:54 pm
I think the problem with the eyes is mainly caused by you adding the dark makeup stuff (i dunno what it is lol) on the bottom, outer corners of her eyes. It makes them look extremely droopy and almost like her skin is being pulled back in that area, you know how weird it looks when people do that?  :noob: Making it less dark may help, or just taking it out entirely. Good luck with the piece, looks nice.