AuthorTopic: Rpg Character Sprite Experiment  (Read 7047 times)

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Rpg Character Sprite Experiment

Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 05:57:21 am
Apologies to Ptoing, forgot you said it looked fuzzy. I didn't say you shouldn't add detail, just the smaller it gets, the less detail you can add and for example you shouldn't waste that space on a few buttons on the shirt if you just don't have the space.

Offline BG

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 01:00:03 pm
Now that I'm full awake, I realise the readability problems of my edit. Both Terleys edits reads much better, though they stray alot from the original style. I did another edit to fix some of the problems I did before. (Feel abit ashamed about the first one)

PS4 - HTD - Mine

I managed to get it done with less than 16 colors, but stays more true to the original (and the phantasy star style). I replaced the mouth with bigger eyes for readabilitys sake.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 05:28:35 pm
Edits that stray a lot from the originals are always the most handy since they don't have an impact on your intended result (directly visually, I mean. In the long run, they're supposed to have an impact on the end result ;>) but can still deliver a point about shading style, detail management, etc.

So I like that kind of edits (:
' _ '

Offline HTD

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 09:58:56 pm
To be honest you are all helping me by showing these different style.
I am going to bring some update within the week and hope to achieve something that can bridge the gaps.
Wish me luck guys.
BTW thank you for responding to my little thread.

HTD