AuthorTopic: A Pixelation Selfportrait  (Read 15736 times)

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

A Pixelation Selfportrait

on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:56 pm
I allways wanted to have one ;D ;

Thats where I started with.. no tracings or wathever...

And this is where I am now:

Please Comment, and edits are welcome too as usual!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 03:40:35 pm by lollige »

Offline Kyle

• Balla
    • View Profile

Re: A Pixelation Selfportrait

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 09:50:25 pm
This isn't a critique of your pixelwork, but you should shave your eyebrow in two and get rid of that retarded mustache.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 02:25:44 am by Kyle »

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 09:54:13 pm
This isn't a critique of your sprite, but you should shave your eyebrow in two and get rid of that retarded mustache.
lol ur like the number 1000 saying that..
yeah I should get rid of the mustache.. but the eyebrow.. What man shaves his eyebrow?? :mean:

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 10:18:06 pm
Noone. Keep your eyebrows proudly. This isn't critique-your-face, this is Pixelation.

Offline Sohei

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 10:19:06 pm
lollige
>What man shaves his eyebrow??
This one definitely does: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Ue12dsfC8  ^_^

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 10:20:54 pm
Don't take this the wrong way but you've got a more elongated face than the portrait suggests. And you're neck is quite narrow. And I have to say a bizarrely symettrical face too.

Generally the head is too wide (in your rendition), you need to streamline those jowls...

speakling of which the way you've shaded your jowls makes it look like you've got whopping lambchops... That you blatantly don't have...

You're lips are too flat at the top, you need to make them more cupids bow like.

I'd be inclined to focus on your features for now rather than try and place your spectacles... do that later once you've got the features sorted...

Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 12:54:19 am
real men obviously use tweezers...

you and I are similar in that we have raised noses.  while it is good to honor oneself, you're accentuating the feature, making your piece look like an overly piggy caricature.

your colors right now in the face are banding and fighting each other.  try to figure a way to have them blend instead of band.  mostly, it has to do with the facct that they are (fairly) uniform in thickness.  you have cheeks!  draw them!

even if you feel a need to wear such scruff, it's too small a detail to worry about pixelling.  if it were even you could suggest it with a gray tone, but it's patchy.

light on the philtrum - why?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 08:15:25 pm
I cant pixel here, im on a computer with paint only (I normally pixel in paint, exept this time, I wanted to try working with layers) and I dont have the origional files too.. but tomorrow I have alot of time, so expect a nice update :)

Every day I still notice im not a native speaker... and the things you wrote contain alot of words I do not exactly know. Could you please correct my mistakes etc.?

Don't take this the wrong way but you've got a more elongated [stretched] face than the portrait suggests. And you're neck is quite narrow. And I have to say a bizarrely symettrical face too.

Generally the head is too wide (in your rendition), you need to streamline those jowls [lower cheeks?]...

speakling of which the way you've shaded your jowls makes it look like you've got whopping lambchops [???]... That you blatantly absolutely, clearly don't have...

You're lips are too flat at the top, you need to make them more cupids bow like.

I'd be inclined to focus on your features for now rather than try and place your spectacles... do that later once you've got the features sorted... ???

real men obviously use tweezers...

you and I are similar in that we have raised noses.  while it is good to honor oneself, you're accentuating the feature, making your piece look like an overly piggy caricature.

your colors right now in the face are banding [???] and fighting each other.  try to figure a way to have them blend instead of band.  mostly, it has to do with the facct that they are (fairly) uniform in thickness.  you have cheeks!  draw them!

even if you feel a need to wear such scruff [??], it's too small a detail to worry about pixelling.  if it were even you could suggest it with a gray tone, but it's patchy.

light on the philtrum - why?

I made alot of use of interglot.com and dictionary.com, but I think I understand most of it :)
Corrections/explainations are welcome, youll see an updte tomorrow :)

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 10:20:18 pm
lol...

Here's the author Chuck Palaniuk sporting some mighty LAMBCHOPS...

(he wrote fight club and choke to name few books)

And someone else you might recognize... with the ultimate in lambchops...

Can you see the connection?

Jowls are indeed your lower cheeks yes.

"I'd be inclined to focus on your features for now rather than try and place your spectacles... do that later once you've got the features sorted... " [/i] = don't put your spectacles on until you've finished drawing you facial features - you will find it easier.

I'll let adarias explain what scruff is and banding are...

Presumably you know what a philtrum is then?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:32:53 pm by baccaman21 »
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 03:38:29 pm
Presumably you know what a philtrum is then?
Dictionary.com had a clear description :)
I understand the lambchops now :)
Ill start working on the portrait now!  ;D

Ok one step further! Btw I did not understand the spectacles sentence because I did not use a translator and tought about Spectacular things.. I have to do the spectacular things later XD
Well I kept it now, but I did not focus on it like I did before..
I think this is a huge improvement :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:56:34 pm by lollige »