AuthorTopic: Doll work in progress..  (Read 7511 times)

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Re: Doll work in progress..

Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 01:24:23 pm
I think it only counts as nudity if there are nipples ;) or something else...
I think there are some problems with the right leg (too thin at the beginning) and the hips (way too high) but if you don't want it to be realistic, go ahead xD
also the necklace is too straight...it has no feeling that it's laying on her...do you know what i mean? =o
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 10:55:33 pm
what can i say? it's pretty good for winging it.

your form for the hips and breasts there are not bad, but it is lacking few key turns that you've smoothed. it's easy to do.  here is a sketch to illustrate the female figure (as i understand it, this is done without reference so you wont want to take it TOO seriously):

Hips - you've missed the place where the muscles that form the thigh end the hips come out, and the obliques (which surround the organs) come out from behind them with the skin folding up tight around the bone, loose around the "lovehandles" (which exist even for well defined men and women).
Breasts - Note this is idealized.  You may want less firmed breasts, but her face seems too young for that.

pixelwise:
few too many colors that aren't helping.
some AA wouldn't be amiss.

PS if anyone is wondering why all of my sketches are done in Paint, it's because my computer stopped recognizing external drives - no flash, no portable, no camera, no scanner)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 11:15:22 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 11:06:52 pm
Adarias, once again, distended arms. I wouldn't be so eager to give anatomy critique until I had better control over it myself. Well this never stopped me in the past, but I wish someone had told me this.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 11:22:02 pm
Adarias, once again, distended arms. I wouldn't be so eager to give anatomy critique until I had better control over it myself. Well this never stopped me in the past, but I wish someone had told me this.

well this is based on the classical canon reference position, i should have mentioned that, although I'm not sure i see where you are coming from in this case even as such.  The wrists are on the same line as the crotch as they are in every guide.  I also made clear that my interpretations were not to be taken as gospel.  Regardless, this is about the torso, not arms, so i don't think soleil will suffer from any issues regarding them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 11:23:37 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 11:36:13 pm
Soleil:

Your elbow's are a tad high (which makes the entire arm a bit too short), your hair is far too static, make it as hair should be, built from many flexible flocks of hairs.

Offline Hyrule_SwordsMan

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 06:17:02 pm
Hi
it looks nice
i love her eyes and her hair lol but she is way too broad. she looks like a giant. her shoulders should have more declination