AuthorTopic: Wishful Project Sprite Revamp W(s)IP  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Ginseng

• Dark Entity
    • View Profile

Wishful Project Sprite Revamp W(s)IP

on: November 02, 2007, 02:54:42 am
I've been working on a rather wishful RPG project for years now and I've also been planning an online installment of the same series. I have been doing spritework for this online installment.

This is the second revamp of the sprite style. It's been too small then too big.

For all it matters, the characters pretty much all have the same colour scheme for a perfectly logical reason.

C&C please. ._.
<Insert witty siganture here>

Offline Rargh!

• View Profile

Re: Wishful Project Sprite Revamp W(s)IP

Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:29:05 am
Nice.  :y: Despite being samey, I like the costumes and the "richness" of material. They appear to be all looking down; is that intentional?

What style of RPG is it that they're going into?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:05:40 am by Rargh! »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:05:23 am
ragnawhat online?

similarities to popular game aside, these are looking pretty nice.  the color scheme is a little hard to see, so i would try to make some of the forms a little more readable, but overall i say mvoe on to animation.  these are pretty much fine as they are.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 06:16:39 am
The lightsource on the first character's hair is highly inconsistent, and has the rather common problem of requiring that the lightsource be pretty much within a foot of the object to be real.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Ginseng

• Dark Entity
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 12:57:28 am
Nice.  :y: Despite being samey, I like the costumes and the "richness" of material. They appear to be all looking down; is that intentional?

What style of RPG is it that they're going into?
The whole looking down thing was kind of intentional. I thought it gave them an illusion of looking forward, rather than looking at the player.

It's supposed to be an MMORPG, but my lack of programming knowledge or a programmer leaves it very much in the early developmental stage.

ragnawhat online?

similarities to popular game aside, these are looking pretty nice.  the color scheme is a little hard to see, so i would try to make some of the forms a little more readable, but overall i say mvoe on to animation.  these are pretty much fine as they are.
I strive to one day achieve the RO style. Since you've noticed, it makes me warm inside. XD

The lightsource on the first character's hair is highly inconsistent, and has the rather common problem of requiring that the lightsource be pretty much within a foot of the object to be real.
I've kind of noticed this, too. That was really stupid of me.

Thanks, guys.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:00:48 am by Ginseng »
<Insert witty siganture here>

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 03:59:24 am
Very dope work man. Add more outlines for those foos. Like some black outline seperating them from the background inside with color outlines. Or try AAing their eyes out more.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:03:35 am by Andy Tran »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 04:15:20 am
I strive to one day achieve the RO style

striving for what has already been done will only make you mediocre.  strive for something higher.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 04:32:37 am
I'd like to see some tweaks here and there.
There should probably be a little more contrast on the brownish pants and you Cloud haired character. Something about the eyes bother me. Maybe they're too flat or maybe they're too light. I'll try to make an edit to better show what I mean. But I like this a lot more than those oversize pieces you had before. I wouldn't go onto the animation process just yet, there are a few little parts that look a bit sloppy.

You're much better than me.

striving for what has already been done will only make you mediocre.  strive for something higher.
Agreed. You're better than RO.
EDIT: RPGV <--> JoD
<-->
I tried to cut down on the colors since they use so many. I apologize if the colors are a bit off, I'm new to the LCD monitors. Tried using some of the hair colors in the sweet jacket. Looks a bit rounder, which is good since he has round arms. The hair colors aren't as "shiny" which is a step closer to reality. His right (our left) arm was darkened because.... umm it's further away? You might want to cut down on the colors a bit, I think you could easily get under 32 if you play around. I'd like to see a few colors to blend the gold trim into the jacket, it wouldn't be that sharp if you saw it in real life. I hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't. This will motivate me to start putting more of my stuff out there.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 05:22:34 am by JonathanOfDrain »