AuthorTopic: [WIP] Warrior  (Read 18611 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Warrior

Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 04:53:03 am
should i bring up the fact that th shield grip is not correct in the least, or are we not concerned by such?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 07:42:19 am
This thread is well on its way to be featured due to the dilligent efforts of the original poster and the quality of the critique of the other people. Just saying this to give the OP the extra spirit to 'push through' with the editing until he's absolutely happy with the piece, and to congratulate the pertinent parts of the userbase. Thank you for being around in Pixelation.

Offline Kaczor

• I'm lazy
    • View Profile
    • Mario City

Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 11:48:44 am
Huh, Stefano you've made a whole diffrent piece but it gives me some helpfull hints. I see that you are using dithering, the technique I didn't want to mess up with right now but I'll try. I'm glad you had fun doing it. Thanks!

Helm - that's some surprising news :). I'll try to do my best :) but today I have some serious work to do for school so maybe later this evening.

Thank you guys for helping me  ;D.
Sorry for my english.

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 01:50:24 pm
Kaczor,
No problem. As I said, I've changed the provided sprite based on what - in my opinion - needed to be changed, but I've also added some new stuff, because of what I figured about his background. Anyway, half of my changes weren't really necessary but I did it anyway as I was given the chance to improve my own skills and at the same time give you a few extra ideas. heh.

And how about that? You may be heading towards featureness! As I said, your efforts to improve are evident and people seem interested to help. Go, go Kaczor!

Adarias,
IMO you should. Well, in fact you already did, with a rhetorical question. hehe.
Although I don't know what exactly you're referring to. Maybe they're a bit off center but the angle is pretty accurate (see the reference I've posted on my first post on this thread). Care to elaborate?

-Stefano

Offline Kaczor

• I'm lazy
    • View Profile
    • Mario City

Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 08:51:01 pm
To show you that I'm not slacking around I'll post my today's progress:

As you can see, I fallowed the suggestions of Stefano. Hmmm... what to say... I think, I'm gonna have some problems with the sword, and shield but let's just leave it for tomorrow. C&C.
Sorry for my english.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 08:54:32 pm
Eeek...What's happening to his legs ?
It's way too thin (especially his right one).

Offline Kaczor

• I'm lazy
    • View Profile
    • Mario City

Reply #36 on: October 22, 2007, 09:02:13 pm
Maybe It looks like this because of the cloth. I'll fix it tomorrow.
Sorry for my english.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 06:25:17 am
To show you that I'm not slacking around I'll post my today's progress:

As you can see, I fallowed the suggestions of Stefano. Hmmm... what to say... I think, I'm gonna have some problems with the sword, and shield but let's just leave it for tomorrow. C&C.

Especially considering he's going to hold a shield later, this figure is out of balance. He's leaning to the right, he'd fall over. Give him a wider leg stance and the spine should be leaned towards the right for support.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 01:00:31 pm
The outline on the skin is pitch black, maybe you should try lighting that up.... or maybe just ridding of the outline, this would help your piece look alot more realistic, if thats what you're going for.

Offline Kaczor

• I'm lazy
    • View Profile
    • Mario City

Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 04:37:46 pm
Helm,
In my last edit I referred to Stefano's piece. At the beginning (while watching the animation) I also thought about the lack of balance but the outcome looks alright so I applied this kind of stance to my char. I'm not saying that I won't make use of your hint because I will.

Bengoshia,
No problem but let me deal with it at the end ;).

This week is screwed. I don't know when the update comes.
Sorry for my english.