AuthorTopic: dragon avatar  (Read 2753 times)

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

dragon avatar

on: October 09, 2007, 04:00:11 am

well...I wanted a non-fadatar avatar ^^ so i made this.
lines done with tablet...in case thats against the laws of pixel art or something O.o idk
probably going to change the background, but I have no ideas...so...suggestions would be great ^_^
after you all rape it with your comments(if i get any comments xD) i might make it into a full body picture,to which i was planning on having him wear a tuxedo. c&c is always appreciated ^^

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: dragon avatar

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:07:53 pm
A few more brighter colors for highlights might help, also think different colors for eyes and teeth should be tried. Like it but don't think a tux would fit with current shadowy state. edit: ie use more colors, small bright highlights like chaos engine is what  i like.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 07:17:51 am by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Re: dragon avatar

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 04:06:00 am
hmm...i tried making the highlights brighter, but idk if this is what you meant(also added a hue shift, made the eyes and teeth a different color, and messed with his mouth a bit);

also, about the tux, i was thinking something like this with slight amounts of lighting..(will make the lines better, this was just a quick thing to demonstrate)