AuthorTopic: Just looking for general advice  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Keed

• View Profile
    • Fourside

Just looking for general advice

on: October 08, 2007, 10:46:49 pm
Hey I'm new here just wanted to set a couple sprites up for some criticism before attempting to do anything with them.

Original artwork done by Arilya with animation editing done by me. The plan is to have it set against fairly colorful backgrounds (which have yet to be made) for a potential plat former idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well.     
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 10:57:39 pm by Keed »
Life is tough. It's tougher if your stupid

Offline Phlox

• huh??? what???
    • View Profile
    • Can Games

Re: Just looking for general advice

Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 11:18:33 pm
Is she supposed to be breathing or is she like leaning onto her tip toe because if she is breathing it looks like too much movement.  I would look like she just ran the 2 mile and is breathing really heavily.  Try not making her feet move and just her torso expand.
Also is she going to be a fighting sprite?  Is she going to beat up burgalers or creepy men?  :lol:

Offline Keed

• View Profile
    • Fourside

Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:01:11 am
aah, nope she is just bouncing up and down on her toes. also the premesis is going to be she is dreaming and halfway through, her dreams turn to nightmares. Her stuffed animals(only one is demonstrated there) are your effective "weapons" although we have no intention to have her swing them like a club.

The main idea with the weapons/stuffed animals is, your attacks would be based off the animal doing it for you such as the teddy bear letting go of her hand and punching, owl flying and dive bombing from above ect. ect.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 12:02:47 am by Keed »
Life is tough. It's tougher if your stupid

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:22:54 am
if she's just going to be playfully bobbing up and down on her tippytoes, why not express some childhood innocence into her actions? I'd imagine she'd be possibly swinger her bear slightly or even tiping her head from side from side.. With a bit more expression even leaning back and forth like one of those old fashioned policemen. (If u dont know what I mean don't worry). Another suggestion is she could have her right arm behind her back, and maybe here shoulders are too high, overall it look abit robotic, imo you need to be a bit looser.

I like the style, I think the design could be improved still good.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 12:26:10 am by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..