AuthorTopic: Fahr Braythin' Draggin  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Fahr Braythin' Draggin

on: October 02, 2007, 02:41:09 am

Obviously unfinished.

Offline Phlox

• huh??? what???
    • View Profile
    • Can Games

Re: Fahr Braythin' Draggin

Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 02:55:24 am
The tail doesn't seem to make sense because it looks like it would be able to be seen between his neck and his wings, but you don't see it.  Also his tail doesn't seem to go anywhere after is goes behind his body i cant see where it attaches to his body.  But other than that and some touching up and finalizing it looks like it is coming along nicely.  :y:

Offline Gelsamel

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 03:29:21 am
Looks awesome but Phlox is right, I think by putting a tell-tale pattern on his tail, or changing the color of the behind wing, or perhaps a more bold distinction betwewn the back wing and his tail is needed.

Better then anything I could do though xD.

Also, it may just be me, but it looks like the sharpness that his tail curves with may be a bit too much.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 02:59:29 am
Major thing that sticks out at the moment is that it seems like the AA around the draggin' is working against you--AA is supposed to make things smooth, not harsh.  Unless you plan on changing the background, or you really want the edges to look "jaggy", I'd suggest fixing it up. The main problem is that you're AAing with a bad color; the AA color should be the color between the two colors you trying to AA.  I suggest grey, but that's me  :D

But besides that and what's already been said, I guess I'll just have to wait till you get further to say more.

Good luck man.

Btw: I like the nod to red, green, and blue, whether you meant it or not :P
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 04:01:07 pm
I think you've done a great job with the head, but your light source is all over the place. The way the tail bends has been mentioned, and I think the arm closest to us is bent awkwardly. Wings are arms too, and they should be thicker at the base to be able to carry such a large body, and probably larger too. Give it shins and make the thighs a bit slimmer. Looking forward to seeing it done. :)

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 10:37:12 pm
Christ, how'd I miss this edit?  Sorry for the lack of an update, I got sidetracked, as expected.  I will post one though, and take the things mentioned to heart.