AuthorTopic: Sprite Contest  (Read 8035 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Sprite Contest

Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 04:53:13 am

Just noticed that the bosses are a little too big in comparison to Mega"boy". Seriously, there's no point in calling him Megaman, as he's been a friggin' child for about 20 sequels now!(unless you count the first game art cover that came out with megaman, in which they totally forked his design and turned him into an old man) Enuff wif da animezz!!!
   I still think my stuff is too busy, as now 4 forums in total have reminded me of my habitual problem. I seriously don't know how to solve it, as I want to keep the designs in close with the original artists concept, but I get carried away, and too tired to fix it by the time I realize I"ve done it again. Also having contrast issues again. Oh wellz, 2 more to go...I think.
my back hurts...

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 04:40:32 am
I can read the first and 3rd of those fine, BOB, and the 2nd isn't mind blowin' or anything.

I think it's just the backgrounds you get carried away with. ;)
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Lysekoid

• Lysekoid from MegaMan New Horizon
    • View Profile
    • MegaMan New Horizon

Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:45 am
Eriance finished the last maverick, namely Hellcry Lional. I've updated the picture as you can see. Don't worry though, Lional's deisgn is identical to the old picture so you don't have to redo any sprites!

yosh64

Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 10:36:35 am
hey

@The B.O.B.: I just wanted to let ya know that I find your sprites a little hard to read. Hmm, I think the things further away get mixed with the things closer, and I find it a bit hard to identify their faces. So I would suggest that maybe you take the things futher away down a shade or so, and maybe redesign their faces to use different colors, or make them somehow stand out from the rest.

Anyhows I think that's it :).

edit
I think you should also take out some details. Look at Nintendo's Mario sprites, you don't see anything of the logo on the front of his hat? I remember Helm made an edit on someones Mario sprite, and he removed the logo thingy on the front of the hat, and after I seen this I also noticed there was no logo thingy on the Mario sprite of Super Mario Bros. Hmm, maybe there is more about this on that thread, I might go dig it up :).

another edit
Here is a link to that thread :). Please see Helm's first post, as I think the same sorta issue may occur in these sprites of yours.

cyas
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 11:29:15 am by yosh64 »