AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 819881 times)

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #850 on: December 26, 2008, 08:15:29 pm
S'not as bad as I thought it would be, actually. The smaller of the two is $1,000, and when you compare it to an intuos of equal size and a new monitor, the price ain't that much different. I think.

Good to know that you find it better, though! One day when I'm not broke I'll get one. And I'll name it Jakten.

...another question, though! How do dual monitors work with a cintiq? Absolute positioning would prevent you from doing it traditional mouse style, and obviously you can't just draw on a regular monitor... I guess you'd just set one of the buttons on the cintiq to change the active area to the other monitor?

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #851 on: December 27, 2008, 02:54:27 am
Well I just use it where if you pull the mouse off the side of the screen it shows up on the other monitor. I dunno about a PC but on a mac i can set any of the 4 sides to go off to the other monitor. The back of the tablet has a stand so you can stand it up if you want and use it completely as a monitor. One of the buttons is set default to being able to switch the Cintiqs control onto the other monitor. So you can use it like an old school tablet as well. I can also set the cintiq to mimic what the other monitor is showing.

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #852 on: December 27, 2008, 02:43:36 pm
I got the Intuos for christmas myself, at first I had a bit of adjustment time but I already am finding it very natural.  Actually I was rather shocked how quickly I have gotten use to it.
Something I did when I was fooling around with it (WIP):

I'm actually starting to prefer it to drawing with paper.  Just sitting back a few feet from the monitor and sketching away feels very smooth and as I tend to sketch to relax its good that it requires less stress on my back then bending over a piece of paper.

Any help relating to this sort of art is appreciated as I am not to well versed in it :P.  I think I say that everytime I post anything made in photoshop/psp, etc.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11794.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #853 on: December 28, 2008, 02:16:58 am
Haha, nice! If you're up for finishing that, I'd say you give it more of an interesting pose. Maybe give it a spear or something, to further give it that "errrr goblin"  feeling. Looks good, though!

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #854 on: December 30, 2008, 07:11:13 pm
My first 3d work that i've done with blender what do you think ?

(i'll maybe use this in some game thought  ::))

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #855 on: January 08, 2009, 10:07:56 pm
Mixed media doodlepoo

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile

Reply #856 on: January 09, 2009, 06:47:27 am
ptoing, did you use acrylics, watercolors, colored pencils (shading on the head) and a black permanent marker? Just browsed your blog, ink instead of magic marker ;)

I think that mixed media works great with your style. I'd like to see a small compilation of all of your characters, that must be a whole universum by now :) This little fellow here could be U-Head's small brother O-Head (before and after knocked the head on the table ;) )

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #857 on: January 09, 2009, 09:01:38 pm

Just more stuff for the blog.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #858 on: January 09, 2009, 09:45:10 pm
Lamp + open window + sitting up in it = dead.  I'd be vulnerable too though if i had no socks. 

Good times all around with the handling.  little bit of flattening going on in the lower body which seems as though it's not enlarged enough in comparison to the rest (that is, the right foot seems to shrink properly against the left foot, but then compared to the hands, feels much too small!)

i tihnk the midesction is where it breaks.  chest-up she's one size, but hips down she's a different (and smaller/father away) girl).
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #859 on: January 09, 2009, 09:47:53 pm
And 2 more.

Watercolour

Acrylic

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.