AuthorTopic: WIP: Music Symbol  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Xenio

• View Profile

WIP: Music Symbol

on: August 25, 2007, 03:34:57 am
Decided on giving pixeling another go. I found a line art on this in the line art thread. All I did was color it. I wanted to know what I could do to make it better. Seven colors. Hope you like.

What I am asking you guys to do is basically rip this thing to shreds and help me make this thing up to the quality of what you guys do here. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to anyone who can help.  ;D

Offline Xenio

• View Profile

Re: WIP: Music Symbol

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 02:10:46 am
Can anyone help me please?

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:05 am
well, i think first of all you should try to pick other colors ... dark blue on dark green, we barely see the symbol at all.
i'm also surprised to see the darker shade in the middle of the note rather than on an edge ...

Offline BG

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 02:00:32 pm
I agree about the shading in the middle looks a little wierd.

I have no problem seeing the symbol on my monitor, but I don't think green is a good color for a background. Since the theme is music, I'd instantly go for a light blue shading (Probably because of all those music themed levels in rayman, where I've spent more extra lives than I can count)
The color of the symbol is good though. :)

I did a quick edit:

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 12:56:12 am
Please make the stem longer. I was constantly yelled at in my music class for not making the stems long enough. So for my sake please make the stems an octave long. That's about 4.5 heads (the circles).