AuthorTopic: rs mockup  (Read 4749 times)

Offline born2die

• View Profile

rs mockup

on: August 25, 2007, 02:59:30 pm
A few days ago I got inspired by Jericho who was making some sort of muck up, and i really like the simplicity he had in the first few steps
so I started sort of remaking the game www.runescape.com  ( yes, I got caught into the evil hands of runescape for about 1.5 years, don't play anymore tough)

and got this far

the stone in the middle is an air altar, its where you bring empty essence to to make them into air runes, and these air runes are used in spelles.

I'm now working on the little dude but not verry succesfull as you can see  :crazy:
the trees are bugging me a bit to.

hope you guys can help me bring this to a good end
 ;D

Offline OzBlueShoes

• View Profile

Re: rs mockup

Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:24:57 pm
It's wonderful, probably why no one has said anything, but the grass lacks texture, and as I recall, runescape had elevation changes. I'd really like to see a new GUI to... the one they have is a bit dreary.  ;)

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 08:09:21 pm
It's wonderful, probably why no one has said anything, but the grass lacks texture, and as I recall, runescape had elevation changes. I'd really like to see a new GUI to... the one they have is a bit dreary.  ;)

runescape looks like garbage compared to this masterpiece! I'm serious about that.  :y:

anyways, maybe more rock-like texture on the altar. the trees crown looks very strange in the top right section. maybe u should add more environmental stuff such as lakes, houses, mountains and stuff?
I love the minimap tho. will character be shown in the minimap aswell? :D but what's that green with red dot plant doing in the UI?
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:25:05 pm
The trees are cute, but they somehow look like big bulging mushrooms if you're in the wrong mood when viewing it.

I suggest you explore the possibilities of adding a more leaf-like texture to it. Doesn't mean you'd have to make it completely leafy and stuff (the puffy look is awesome), just elaborate more on it. Kinda. Yeah. :)

Good luck with it!
' _ '

Offline am_pm

• Lurker supreme
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 10:20:39 pm
It's good, but it lacks depth. Texture the grass and dirt a bit also.

Offline born2die

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 11:12:11 pm
update:

- some color changes ( especially in the dark tones )
- tree is almost completly redone
- inventory space ( empty essence, a helmet, a red sword, and aor runes)
- little selection menu simular to the rs one (http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/controls/inventory_1_3.gif)

@OzBlueShoes: no grass texture or elevation changes yet sorry ( I have a stupid way of always leaving the hard parts for last )
but the GUI (Graphical user interface <= had to look up what it meant) I worked on it, at least I think I did because I still don't have a clear vision of what it is,
I just translated it into the little backback, 2 red swords, ....

@Elrinth: I tryed and fix the tree, and make the altar look a bit more rocky
no lakes, houses and mountains yet, sorry. And yes at the end the character will be shown on the mini-map in the form of a whit dot. :D

@Jad: is this what you meant on the trees, I tryed, but I'm still not completly satisfied with them  ???

@am_pm: grass and dirt texture are comming ( I have a stupid way of always leaving the hard parts for last )

thank you all for the CC so far  ;)

Offline Orclaeder

• Hi there ^^
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 02:58:22 pm
Multiple air runes are show as 1 air rune + a number  ;)
also the bag and the bars are supposed to be switched

It also shows a white square on the minimap where you are standing  :D

Orc for rs freak  :-[
Signature.

Offline born2die

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 05:39:11 pm
I know all those things, but i'm not trying to exactly remake it like the runescape settings and rest,
its just based on the game  :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 05:46:56 pm by born2die »