AuthorTopic: My fakemon  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Tarenken

• View Profile

My fakemon

on: August 22, 2007, 01:47:57 am
hey, I'm new to the forums. I'm a fakemon maker, but my work is a bit 'darker' than the traditional Pokemon and not in Pokemon style. These are arranged in no particular order, so you'll have to try and guess what's old and what's new by the style differences.
I apologize if there's a limit to how many images you can have in one post... I didn't notice anything about that in the rules.
Pick and crit whichever you want, I'm always open to fix or remake even an old sprite!

* = part or all of the lineart was done by my good friend ShiraKitsune.

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Re: My fakemon

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:34:09 am
The style is way off...perhaps more studying of some references would help? If you're gonna make fake pokemon, they should be in the style shouldn't they? I don't understand why you wouldn't.

Offline Tarenken

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 03:36:39 am
because I honestly hate Pokemon style... people sprite other characters out of their own styles, why can't I do the same?

Offline Saitus

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:32:13 am
Your not to far from, save a few technical details. If you did want to do true pokemon style, you can see that they tend to be less shaded, and if they are more like cel shading. They also are very simple and the colors tend to be bright.

Offline xavier_viiv

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:52:03 am
i like the nine tails part...
but i see their body seems like shining,and lack of textures??maybe  a little dither would be nice...
but if this is your style,then no problem.
o_O

GBU
 max514

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 06:47:22 am
even tho i don't see why you wouldn't like pokemon style sense its smexy, i think you should not call yourself a fakemon maker and make your own style? and there shapes like arms and hands and body some time in wrong position to the rest of there body.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 11:22:03 am

I like this one. Perhaps you should have the wing have more shadow.

I think alot of the feet for these creatures are lacking, you could improve this by drawing cats, lions and dogs based off reference pictures.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Drake

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 11:44:49 am

I like this one but th hair seems to be slightly off, the parting of the fringe i would think needs to be abit light, here's a quick edit, it was only quick. It might not be that good coz i only just woke up ^^