AuthorTopic: updated thread, shading excercise with cube bird  (Read 6071 times)

Offline youts_wid_shanks

• View Profile

Re: 2 little guys, need c&c

Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 03:47:38 pm
well, i've been away for a week and stuck on a boat, so that's why i haven't replied, don't think all your coments have been for nothing hehehe

stefano - thanks for the amazing edit! it's much appreciated, and i do see what you mean about the skull, it's just that i find it difficult to add so much detail in a subtle way like that, but i suppose that'll come with time and practice eh

zeid - thanks alot for the edit, i can see from that that your lighting makes more sense. what you did to make the outline seem thinner seems strange, broken up but i like how it looks.. is it just doing it and seeing what looks decent or some kinda pattern to breaking it up?

adam atomic - that seems like a good idea, so i did it ^^

it might have been cheating doin a bird that was also a cuboid but oh well. i don't think i even did it very well..

the lighting confuses me with some parts when it seems  they wouldn't have been lit from that angle, how am i meant to shade that with the 3 colours?

i was just doodling while browsing the net, but i'm gonna do something less half arsed that i've actually drawn first nextmaybe