AuthorTopic: Here come the fuzz  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Here come the fuzz

on: August 16, 2007, 05:02:17 pm
Haven't posted much in a while so...

Lucasarts-y Hot Fuzz: a point and click and shoot adventure.

Though if I did make a Hot Fuzz game, it would probably be more like Streets of Rage 2, complete with getting the Andys to back you up or call you a "twat/wanker" whichever comes first...
------
Schu

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Here come the fuzz

Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 05:09:43 pm
hahaha i love it - i'd smooth out danny's arms a bit, and maybe put nick's hands a tad farther into his vest.  I think nick's head's sideview could use a little more definition; lucas arts adventures definitely do better with less shading and more contrast.  i would totally play this, OR a brawler :)

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:33:55 pm
Very nice! :D Why the pink background, though? It makes it hard to see their arms.

You have to be careful with shading at that resolution so you don't end up with something that looks pillow-shaded. Also, as Adam mentioned, contrast, and your two brightest colors are nearly identical, so I threw one of them out. The shading on the vests confused me, so I also got rid of some details there. Danny's vest in particular makes it look as if he's wearing an additional collar. Sometimes, less is more. ;)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 03:17:48 am
Arachnes edit is great for the faces and such, but i think the legs end up looking choppy( one more shade maybe?).  still, fun, fun stuff here :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.