AuthorTopic: Sylph Style  (Read 6634 times)

Offline Jace

• View Profile

Re: Sylph Style

Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 08:08:59 pm
Sorry for the double post, I think this is a big enough update for a bump.

I messed around with the cave tiles after I realized how bad the last ones were. After an hour or two I came up with this update. I think it looks slightly better though it is still mucky and flat. I am having problems with the curve at the base of the pillar reading like the top of the platform. Altogether I am not too happy with I personally think it reads more like a cave.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:30:19 pm
Even though your previous cave tile could use work, I honestly think it looks more original and gives a better sense of depth than your new one. As fas as colours go, I made a small palette edit that you may or may not choose to use. It's just a suggestion :)

This picture shows how important colour is to the piece. Even if you choose to change the colours,try choosing new ones that complement each other. (note i only colour swapped with some hue shifting and edited a single piece of the rock, I didn't change much)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:57:50 pm by gliding »

Offline Jace

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 08:45:21 pm
Glide, your edit helps a lot, it makes the colors pop a lot more then the current tiles and helps with the depth issue. The only problem I see with the old tiles, though more original they lack in giving the tiles a cave-like feel. Also because of the multiple platforms it looks like the character could easily walk up it at any height and they act more as stairs than anything.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 08:55:59 pm
Glide, your edit helps a lot, it makes the colors pop a lot more then the current tiles and helps with the depth issue. The only problem I see with the old tiles, though more original they lack in giving the tiles a cave-like feel. Also because of the multiple platforms it looks like the character could easily walk up it at any height and they act more as stairs than anything.

I agree. Perhaps, you could have a few mini cliffs that look like that?
Either way, I got bored and though you might need help with adding a little graphic interest to the piece. Use it or don't :)

this is just a start to the edit which i might expand on:/ I suggest adding a few tiles like these to give the pice more life.