AuthorTopic: Commander Dustin  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Commander Dustin

on: August 13, 2007, 10:44:52 am
I decided to draw my buddy Dustin.

I've been fucking around with it for a while, half of it still isn't even started.

I know, I also started on detail way too soon.
But I'm still quite undecided on the arms and legs...

The aviators could also definitely use some work.

The reason there's a lot of black on the face is because I was trying to get it sorta like my old piece...

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Re: Commander Dustin

Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 03:04:10 pm
I'm diggin' where this is going. You've got a demoscene look going on right now. Which is a compliment. I can see vast improvement in your work between this current piece and your reference piece. I think a lot of it is because this piece doesn't look as flat as some of your older work is.

Offline Warwolt

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:55:02 pm
Id say i think the legs are a bit to thin, are there no way making them more "chunky"? A little more flesh on the bone  :crazy:
And wheres his leftarm?

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:16:22 pm
I think the thing I love so much about the other purple one is it's scratchy shading...it looks more stylized. Eh it is probably to early in the game to point out things like that.. so I'll have real stuff when there's more advancement in the piece...
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.