AuthorTopic: [wip] plok  (Read 2165 times)

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

[wip] plok

on: August 12, 2007, 07:46:57 am
hey folks, haven't posted in a while, busy with work.

i thought i'd do a piece for fun tonight. i ripped plok's sprite from the old snes game via rom and repixeled it. i think it could be better, please give me suggestions.

from left to right: ripped directly from rom, outline of original reduced in size by half, the current at 1x, the current at 2x.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: [wip] plok

Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 04:32:07 pm
Hi lilwing, welcome back :)  This is kind of a tough one to crit, as the original Plok sprite is total crap.  Of all the pieces of lineart to base your work, I would never have picked this one!  However, if you're set on it, the main things I would work on is including brighter reds, increasing the amount of contrast (note the original's use of dark outlines to achieve this - not the only method of course), making the eyes more round, and adding details and definition to the character, even if its not explicitly defined in the original.

Also, it should be noted that your coloration makes Plok look a bit the S&M gimp; if this is not intentional you may want to avoid using a skintone on the body and upper arms!