AuthorTopic: [NPA Elements] "King Me"! Checkers  (Read 2679 times)

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

[NPA Elements] "King Me"! Checkers

on: August 01, 2007, 05:47:57 pm
(posted on Pixeljoint as well)

I'm creating a checkers inspired game, and I've now come to the stage of making the main screen. Here's what I've done so far. There are a few NPA elements in it.

The logo for the game needs to be done, and I'm having a hard time coming up with its' concept! Some elements that should be in it are a medieval-looking scroll (or something similar to that, if you have a better idea) and a medieval-looking crown.

Edit: a simplified version of the final logo will replace the current glowy text. The logo doesn't have to fit there on its' own, I can move things around or make it overlap the book if I need to.

I can't help but think that it lacks flow and dynamicism, but this is the furthest I've gotten to a decent logo.

Update:
I think I have something here. If this works out I'll make a fullscreen version.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: [NPA Elements] "King Me"! Checkers

Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:21:09 pm
Ouch. The AA kills it in that last one. You're just banding, not actually AAing. And you've got bad curves (Not hand drawn, I presume?). the curves on the scroll go like 3-2-1-2-1-1, when it should be 3-2-2-1-1-1.
Quick edit:
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 11:23:14 pm
Well, What I posted up there was just a concept - I just used that single-color outline as a placeholder. Thanks for the reply though :P

I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow, for two weeks... - I'm sorry, I posted this up with really bad timing - so I probably won't be able to work on this until I come back. It's obviously not done yet, so I will post an update as soon as possible!

And for now, the beginning of refining things.

edit@zero: yeah, the text under the logo is just a reference for when I pixel the text on to the banner. It'll be removed once the pixelled text is on the banner :crazy:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:40:18 am by ceddo »

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 12:34:39 am
The "M" in "King Me!" in that last pic is very hard to read.

No crits beyond that, I can even deal with the mirrored side panel things.