AuthorTopic: [WIP]The Invader,Newest project, anatomy reworked.  (Read 7692 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]The Invader,Newest project, face revisited.

Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 12:29:40 am
The main thing that strikes me as weird is the legs; with such a large body, it would need thicker legs and larger feet to hold itself up. There's hardly any muscle in the lower leg, I think those need to be beefed  up a bit. Also, the feet are in awkward positions.

Mmmm true I shall fix that, and the feet are being fixed as we speak. :)
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 12:34:00 am

Perhaps this sort of foot construction might work. However it's clear you're inventing anatomy (yes even on lizard beasts of your own devising) so I would suggest a more ground-up approach.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 12:52:40 am

The red lumps are bits that don't make any sense to me. I think the one at the right is supposed to be part of the tail, but that's not really consistent with the spine.

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 01:06:59 am
Actually, given some thought, his spine does make sense. The blue line however depicts it somewhat wrong. It would look awkward however, since the part of the tail on the right seems to be lower. It should be a bit higher, otherwise.. It's fine.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 03:06:04 am

The red lumps are bits that don't make any sense to me. I think the one at the right is supposed to be part of the tail, but that's not really consistent with the spine.

the red lump behind our right leg is the start of the tail. And the other red lump is the stomach. But, your second smaller version does make more sense to me. And Helm, Thanks for that foot idea :). I will be working on anatomy and an update should come tomorrow. Thanks for the comments everyone ;D

EDIT: Never mind ^^. I got an idea and decided to redo some of the anatomy, which now seems much more practical. The only area I am having trouble with is the last leg, I just can't get it too look correct.

Better? Worse?

I really appreciate your help ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:06:02 am by Malor »
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Agent green

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]The Invader,Newest project, anatomy reworked.

Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 07:51:06 pm
Better i would say, mabye move his head a little left as it look as if his neck is bent to far and he would be in pain

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 10:50:22 pm
I did a quick paintover this morning but didn't have time to post. It contain small changes on the anatomy, perspective, contrast and pose. A lot have been suggested since so forgive me if I'm repeating what others have already suggested.
Anyway, here it is an animated wip of the edit and a still image of the final product.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 01:23:30 am
wow that is a sexy edit Stefano. Thanks ;D. I wish I had though of something like that, rather than completely alter the piece :crazy:

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 04:25:39 am
Yeah. I should have posted it before... that's too bad.
Anyway, good luck with completing your project. Can't wait to see it done!  ;)