AuthorTopic: Need comments on my game`s sprites  (Read 2901 times)

Offline xavier_viiv

• View Profile

Need comments on my game`s sprites

on: July 21, 2007, 05:18:08 am
Hi!
I`m new here,so i think i just start from self introduction.
For name,just call me max.I`m studying game graphic design in japan.
I`m a scholarships student from indonesia,so sorry if my english are bad :)
Here are some of my works,

kinda confused on what kind of images should i post though...

thx
o_O

GBU
 max514

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: Need comments on my game`s sprites

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 11:09:19 am
for one I think if you want a lot of critisism on various projects you should buddle them all into the one thread, instead of creating more.

Welcome to pixelation, I think your ideas are pretty good I think you should really loosen up a bit more, focus on building the forms of your sprites, the anatomy is good but he looks pretty stiff. I would make this stance a bit more natural by having his arms up slightly, and feet apart.

I think this needs more depth tbh, sprites usually need to stand out in comparisant the the backgrounds which are usually less contrasted. So adding highlights usually adds to the characters depth. Your colour choices seem too saturated, there really isn't any need, you have a whole spectrum of colour to choose from and the blue and red you've chosen just looks too overpowering on the eyes.

I hope you find use of my edit, I tried to make some quick alterations to make the character more easily read.

Your walking crocodile/aligator thing animation has the same issues as the wolfman imo, I think the red background is making it hard to see the character properly, which is why it is vital your characters should stand out from the backdrops. You need to see what you are controlling.

The animation works but has some problems, I think you should take a look at other examples of sprite walking animation sequences, its always good to take in as much information as possible to make your own work as good as it can be. Heres something I did recently, it may help.

I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline xavier_viiv

• View Profile

Re: Need comments on my game`s sprites

Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:15:34 am
THX^^
to think about it,it is stiff..so i made little change on the hands.but i still want him to looks like werewolf,with long hands and furry but with character of a leader..without highlight--is it good?--...cos when it`s highlighted,it`s like he`s shiny...
because i`m not good with colours...that`s true..>.,<
still not sure about that...but will consider it as a good advise,thx^^.
and the red eyes..i want it to be main attention though..but i don`t want it to hurt peoples eyes either..^^..

and about the crocy thingy,i want his walking to be like zombie..but i think i`ve failed...>.,<
and the colours...i`ll change it later..--have no time now--

again thanks for the help^^,and i still want to know what you think about the new stand,cos i think about making a few changes again.--still not satisfied with the result--

Thank You very much.

latest edit...now i`m satisfied....thx...but c c are still welcome..

now work on the croc...^^
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:19:02 am by xavier_viiv »
o_O

GBU
 max514