AuthorTopic: Windmill- animated  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Destro

• View Profile

Windmill- animated

on: July 16, 2007, 02:57:47 pm
this is the 1st pixel animation i have made
i used Graphics Gale(free so i cant use it for animation) to draw it and ImageReady CS2 to animate

3 frames(original)

4 frames(update 1)

5 frames(update 2)

6 frames(update 3-Done?)

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

Re: Windmill- animated

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:03:39 pm
the 6 frame animation is the best of all.

the end of the propeller on the windmill should be more defined. you should try to make it look like a cap covering a lugnut or something, if you know what i mean.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:24:41 pm
The tips of the windmill blades cropping out of the picture by a few pixels makes the composition very tight and uneasy, as if the tips of the blades were scratching the edges of the picture.

Offline terminal_arcade

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 03:47:03 am
The blades change shape and, especially, length. The illusion of 18 frames (for a full circle) can only really work if the blades have a consistent appearance. In addition, the lighting is inconsistent, though it's hard to pick out. Sort of like when the bass in a band is out of tune, something sounds wrong but it's hard to tell what. Similarly, the lighting problems are indiscernible without watching the frames closely, but give a feeling that something doesn't make sense (on top of the other inconsistencies).

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 03:08:03 pm
the length of the blades and their distance from each other change, which shouldn't be the case. fix it and the animation will look much smoother.