AuthorTopic: [WIP] Flying Plate!  (Read 12710 times)

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

[WIP] Flying Plate!

on: June 30, 2007, 08:01:40 pm
I haven't posted my work in a long time here because I've bean doing things lately, so I decided id do a little one.'

For some reason the (our) right thruster looks like its smaller even though its the same exact size. I didn't want it to be too detailed.

C&C please  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:09:32 pm by chigsam »

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] UFO

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 10:07:34 pm
Doesn't read as a UFO...would look better from a different angle. Also, with a subject like this, make sure you use the stereotypical idea of a UFO to your advantage. Blue hull and flat cockpit doesn't fit the usual description you would get. Use a silver for the hull and try adding some flashing lights around the outside.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 03:43:05 pm
... There isnt just one type of U.F.O. It stands for Unedentified Flying Object. So there isnt just one type of ufo and thats it, and i was using a palette from someone else on a different site so thats why its blue.

Offline Alevice

• View Profile
    • DevArt gallery

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 03:55:31 pm
Way to justify yourself with a lack of effective arguments.

Why make an UFO your audience cannot identify as such? Why pick a dull pallette some person at other site used?

Offline PASSOUT

• The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 04:07:58 pm
Ya I would of never guesed that was a U.F.O.You need more colors one solid blue is not going to work.Looks more like a flying plate.Like Zero said use the stereotypical idea of a U.F.O or people won't know what it is.
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 04:09:10 pm
Well then its a flying plate!  ;D

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Flying Plate!

Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 04:14:27 pm
That's the spirit! Instead of attempting to fix the sprite to make it look like a UFO, just say it's something else so you don't have to learn or attempt anything new! Thats how art works!

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 04:17:17 pm
So let's just assume, for arguments' sake, that you originally set out to make a flying plate (nice thread title change, btw). The lighting's wrong on that anyways. Then again, you'll probably come up with an excuse for that, as well, like, there are different types of plates, maybe?

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 04:21:55 pm
The lighting is comming from the bottom-bottom right side. so then it casts a shadow on behind the cockpit, then the plate rounds down on the upper left side so no light is being hit there. so can you explain how the lighting is wrong?

(origginaly it was an upside down plate then i put some thrusters on it and called it a flying plate  :blind:)

P.S. there are many kinds of plates! China Plates, Plastic Plates, Glass Plates, go check in your cobert there'll be more. ::)

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 04:27:12 pm
So, again for the sake of argument, the lighting is hitting wrong whether the plate is upside down or right way up. And I can still barely make out the thrusters.

Oh, you might want to edit your other posts in this thread, too, since they mention that you set out to make a UFO, and not a flying plate. Just lookin' out for you, y'know. So you can be consistent. ::)