AuthorTopic: [WIP] Flying Plate!  (Read 12616 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: [WIP] Flying Plate!

Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 08:39:15 pm
Edit: Whoa, hey, Zeid. Didn't see you there. You speak much more wellerer than li'l ol' me.

i did most of what people asked.
Well, I don't think anyone asked you to do anything. They just suggested. More importantly though, you did not. After the first three comments on how to make it better, you completely ignored them, opting to instead change what it was - wait, no, you didn't even do that. You just gave it a different name.
And if it's a plate now, what are those two thingies? Those thingies that carried over from when it was a UFO? I've never seen a plate with those.
And why are you still using the same palette? It's a terrible palette. You didn't even make it. I suggest you make a new one - one of your own.
Is the plate being viewed from above or below? If from above, why is there a ridge? If from below...well, I guess it's okay then.

Wait a second...

maybe to the aliens inside this Flying Plate UFO it is a perfect circle.

So wtf? it's still a UFO?

i did most of what people asked.
maybe to the aliens inside this Flying Plate UFO it is a perfect circle.
No you didn't. You justified it with very twisted logic. It's like when kids go back and forth:
"You can't put that block there cuz that's not how towers are."
"Oh yeah, well this is a supertower!"
And because of that amorphous logic that changes to suit the situation, the tower ends up looking nothing like a tower. The elephant ends up looking like a dog. The UFO-plate ends up looking nothing like either.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 08:47:36 pm by Xion »

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 09:14:15 pm
Zeid. You officially rock. :lol:

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 09:23:29 pm
 ;D thnx Xion and LoTekK, I whored myself to another forum recently, which is similar to pixelation in regards to ideals of critique but is oriented towards story and narrative more then art (don't worry no ones gonna lose me). So now Ive been forced to speak with words more then pictures, which no doubt helps. Actually it's surprisingly hard seeing as I usually forget things mid senten (I love lame jokes). But in all seriousness I think most people in this topic are justified in the responses they have made right now aside from Chigsam. However his actions seem more out of ignorance to the forums ways than anything else, he being a new member I'm sure it will be excusable if he gives it another shot and succeeds.

Oh another point to consider Chigsam, you are entering an established community. As such the community will no doubt have a set structure, perhaps even 'unspoken' rules. The best way to find these is search up some topics. Actually here it is in the spoken rules...wow who would have thought they would actually make sense ( :lala: I probably should have read them a little sooner), this forum really never does fail to impress me:
To update! If you got good critique, edit your sprite, show the users you cared enough to implement their pointers. Do not abandon a piece once posted. If you don't intend to edit your piece, clearly state so in the original post so users will know if they're willing to go through the whole critique process for a piece that has been finalized.
and continuing with the awesomeness of the rules, and just how deep they go to help us:
Do not run with scissors.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 10:10:47 pm by zeid »
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 09:50:24 pm
ok fine i guess i was a little stressed the past few days (a little more then a little) im sorry for all who i have stressed  :-[ i will do a total redo of a UFO thats looks like the historical (lame jokeing) UFO's. round shiny and gray with little lights. hope you guys can forgive me.  :-[

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 09:53:32 pm
The shading is such that it doesn't look like too circular.

Shading should be done so that it doesn't destroy the piece (here, it has made it look less circular, while not entirely suggesting volume).

It doesn't look like a plate, to be completely honest. It looks like green melted candlewax with an insignia on it. The irregularity of the roundness adds to the "melted candlewax" effect.

Maybe next time, try something harder, something that isn't supposedly flat? :P
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Mighty Pea

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 09:25:07 pm
The problem wasn't that it didn't look like a clichéd UFO, it was that --as it stood-- there was little visual interest. Someone suggested going with the more classic image of a disc with a glass dome and flashing lights, as it'd make it a lot more recognisable, as well as give you more elements to work with. What you have here is a simple disch with a single extrusion and two dots.

I suspect you're taking the piss, though, and for all i know you might even be someone's alter ego.
If not, just continue.

edit: also, this is apparantly my first post with this account. Hi!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:28:16 pm by Mighty Pea »