AuthorTopic: Zoe  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Re: Zoe

Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 08:52:29 am
I made a very sloppy paint over demonstrating some ideas.

Fog the entire background terrain with sky blue.
Add a shadow over the foreground stuff, with maybe some light coming through hitting some leafs.
Maybe flatten the texture on the trees a bit, because the characters are kinda flat and they're the most important.
Tree variation/depth.
A gradient going up on the cliff side could work to point the eye up to the important top/platform part of it.

(My rock in the FG should probably have something to do with the MG terrain though... color and/or shape-wise)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:01:25 am by Arne »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 10:24:17 am
Haha, it's much more platformer-y now.

I have a certain feeling though, that the plastic-ness is wholly intentional. I've seen what Taka can do, and it's on a higher level of detail than this. Which leads me to believe that the plastic feel is completely intentional.

BUT the varying tree lengths is a feast for the eyes, I'd suggest something like that as well. :]

Man, can't wait to play the game :3~
' _ '

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 12:22:54 pm
Haha, it's much more platformer-y now.

I have a certain feeling though, that the plastic-ness is wholly intentional. I've seen what Taka can do, and it's on a higher level of detail than this. Which leads me to believe that the plastic feel is completely intentional.

BUT the varying tree lengths is a feast for the eyes, I'd suggest something like that as well. :]

Man, can't wait to play the game :3~
You can play the game, there's a demo on his site ;0

Sweet lookin, Taka.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 02:43:06 am
I made a very sloppy paint over demonstrating some ideas.

Fog the entire background terrain with sky blue.
Add a shadow over the foreground stuff, with maybe some light coming through hitting some leafs.
Maybe flatten the texture on the trees a bit, because the characters are kinda flat and they're the most important.
Tree variation/depth.
A gradient going up on the cliff side could work to point the eye up to the important top/platform part of it.

(My rock in the FG should probably have something to do with the MG terrain though... color and/or shape-wise)
curse you lol
now you've got me wanting to do an overhaul
I really like a lot of the changes you made, so I think I will end up doing something similar in the future

and yah Jad, the simplistic "plasticy" style is intentional, it just makes production a breeze :P

I edited that Zoe gif a bit, made some of her frames shorter and more compact, plus I replaced the eyes with #1;

Better?
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 05:40:09 am
I think it's funny that you like Jad's changes but didn't want to listen to them when I suggested a lot of them verbally.
I guess you needed to see it to believe or something. :P

I don't think Zoe ever gets low enough on the slide, though you've made a definite improvement.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 07:11:14 am
I think it's funny that you like Jad's changes but didn't want to listen to them when I suggested a lot of them verbally.
I guess you needed to see it to believe or something. :P

I don't think Zoe ever gets low enough on the slide, though you've made a definite improvement.
well, seeing the suggestions does help :P
and I don't recall exactly when you suggested the changes, but I'd guess back when the story wouldn't've allowed for any extra details?

and I'll make another edit with her a bit lower, I also just noticed how bad the green belt round her waist moves when she reforms back to her idle frame
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:13:06 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 09:16:13 am
My changes? I made no changes. Do not confuse me with Prom/Arne, you you O: Compared to him, I'm still an apprentice-ish!
' _ '