AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 281094 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #360 on: July 08, 2007, 07:43:34 pm
Because stuff actually relates to you and has to do with the fact that you can live how you do.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #361 on: July 08, 2007, 08:12:23 pm
He's got a point, though. I try to stay out of many things that seem to be the topic of discussion nowdays. Especially stuff related to politics is just way beyond me. One thing I do care about is the world itself. Nature stuff. It annoys me that mankind still hasn't come to its senses about environmentally unfriendly stuff, like pollution and demolishing stuff and littering forests and stuff like that. Also, people polluting themselves with alcohol, tobacco and narcotics. And, of course, mental pollution in the form of organlized religion where the only goal is to convert as many hapless souls as possible... I'm looking at you, Jehova dudes!!

But I don't really get involved in any of it. It's not something I think of on a daily basis. It's not something I feel affects me (aside from the damn Jehova dudes), and even more importantly, it's not something I can affect more than I already am. So it'd be a waste to worry too much. Sometimes you have to drop concerns, drop thinking, in order to truly live. That's not the same as not giving a crap about anything, of course, but it's along the same line.

Actually, the world would probably be better off if everyone would just do what makes them happy and not bother with anything else. Might take us back to the iron age, but at least back then we were much less prone to destroying the entire planet. Yeah, I'm actually more concerned about the health of the world than the condition of the human race... god, I'm such a hippie.

Offline fawel

• View Profile

Reply #362 on: July 09, 2007, 12:52:38 am
I'm a big believer in the idea that if you give rich people more money, and poor people less money, that the poor people will not, in fact, get more rich.  This is based on the fact that rich people are usually rich because they like to keep and/or spend their money, which is why they are rich in the first place.

Poor people do recieve money.  It's the biggest industry in the world!  Almost 5 trillion is spent annually on poverty in the US alone.  I feel that poor people should not receive welfare/ aid, since most of it is squandered (ie I saw a woman using food stamps to buy oysters  :yell:) but rather incorporate them into industry where they can be useful. 

A personal example of this- I used to volunteer with a food truck, we'd go to lower end neighboorhoods and give out food.  I suggested one day that in order for the poeple to recieve their food they pick up and present 20 pieces of trash on recieval.  To my astonsihment, the manger said OK; and thus the line length was cut in half.  It seems many of these people have gotten to the point where they simply won't work to provide for themselves, since they know someone else will do it for them.

Haha, this post is somewhat unrelated but I really wanted to say this.  Just so you know, I live in Los Angeles, so I am not very aware of how the poor are treated elsewhere, so forgive me if I seem too one-sided.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #363 on: July 09, 2007, 12:56:26 am
I guess we're not done with this topic yet.... okay so right, first off, with what Rox was talking about with society not being able to convert over into more environment-friendly stuff. I'm sure most people want to switch over to more environment-friendly shit(Even ones who don't think global warming is real, etc. They probably still figure it'd be best to do the safe thing and just switch over just in case... I hope.) but the majority really doesn't have control here, I mean, we don't have any benefits from it obviously but the big corporate CEO douchebags do and they want more money rolling in, so why would they change shit(I mean, its that and the government, we have a man in office who doesn't believe in global warming, so why the hell would he make standards for businesses to make it more environmentally friendly?)? Also, Rox, you should be more concerned about the condition of the human race because the better that is, the better the health of the environment will be(World's not gonna be effected by this, it'll live through it but we won't if we keep it up, we'll make it a inhabitable environment.) better.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #364 on: July 09, 2007, 04:06:53 am
Eh, I don't think so. I think if we just fell over and died right on the spot, the world would have a much easier time readjusting for the better. Well, okay, if we could turn of all our lights and stop the factories and park the cars and stuff before we died.

It seems your view on humanity and the planet is the exact opposite of mine. I think, the more we thrive, the more we destroy. It's been the trend so far, I don't see it changing very soon.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #365 on: July 09, 2007, 04:40:46 am
I'm sure most people want to switch over to more environment-friendly shit(Even ones who don't think global warming is real, etc. They probably still figure it'd be best to do the safe thing and just switch over just in case... I hope.)
I wish that was atleast the case..:
"You know, its because of evolution that we have Earth Day. I'm againat Earth Day. If you look at the purpose and reason behind Earth Day, its satanic. People want you to think that we're in some way obligated to cleaning up the earth."
more fundamentalist quotes here :huh:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #366 on: July 09, 2007, 07:39:59 am
I was going to post this in the employment section but decided that its probably reserved for game projects.
[unpaid]
I have a domain( burdenedpixel.com) and would like to have an online portfolio. I need someone that I can talk to brainstrorm website ideas( I already have some things in mind but I want to make them all more solid) and that can actually program the site for me as I know - 12% of html.
I dont know if I can pay you( which is why I said unpaid) but even if I do it would be a very small amount.( I'm 15 years old for christs sake, I dont even have a job!) but if you are ever interested in starting a project and need any graphics resources I would gladly repay the favor.
-Ryumaru.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #367 on: July 10, 2007, 01:40:15 am
D: I shall halp! I know some CSS and a little PHP! And damn, 15? I gotta get better wif my art skillz, catch up with all you guys.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #368 on: July 10, 2007, 02:20:15 am
Sorry to get this thing off topic, homeboys, but I didn't think making a new topic about me being back on the saddle was necessary.

So, what did I miss?

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #369 on: July 10, 2007, 03:01:59 am
Welcome back Ryona. You didn't miss much. Hasn't been a major activity/challenge/thing since the Pixelator, well, besides the Smiley thing.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)