AuthorTopic: Killer Worm  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Obsidian

• Chemically Unstable
    • View Profile

Killer Worm

on: June 10, 2007, 02:48:23 pm
This piece is about two months old now, but I thought I'd post something seeing as I'm new.

I think it's done, but if I get some good suggestions on how to fix it I'll work on it some more.
C&C greatly appreciated ;D

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Re: Killer Worm

Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:52:31 pm
HI muffinman! nice to see you joiining these forums. as i said before i like this very much! :lol:

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 03:14:40 pm
The dithering mades it look very rough, and the shading it's self confuses me....I see at least two light sources, that I do not think you intended to have. I beleive you meant to have a soruce coming from above the worm, this is not so, right now you have a soruce coming from above, and one coming from our left. I would make it look less segmente, like a real worm.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 03:52:52 pm
I agree that the lightsource is weird. Also, it doesnt look fully attached. Near the bottom it looks good, but the top look all separate pieces.

Offline Obsidian

• Chemically Unstable
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 04:35:38 pm
Yea, I had a bit of difficulty with the shading on the left side. I think the problem I had was that I shaded the segments in that area as separate things, as opposed to shading the worm as a hole. That's probably what makes it look not fully attached. I'll work on that later today, when I get a chance to.