AuthorTopic: Small dump, c+c very welcome  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Saxamaphone

• wut
    • View Profile

Small dump, c+c very welcome

on: May 31, 2007, 09:32:29 am

Man, I have no inspiration lately, and when I get it, I try drawing it out, I'm imagining what it could look like, I finished clicking the mouse to find a bunch of lines that look like crap so I scrap them.

Sorta practice I guess, and my issue with doing humans hasn't been resolved due to me tryin to improve but limited comments.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: Small dump, c+c very welcome

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 10:20:33 am
Hey, now I don't think it is fair to blame the lack of comments.

If you really want to improve "doing humans" your solution isn't here. Instead start learning some human anatomy. Get some anatomy books, go to model sketching sessions etc and then apply what you have learned on your canvas.
While comments like "The arm is too long, fix it like this" "That elbow is off angle, change it like blah blah" etc might aid you with a single piece, in the long run having all the knowledge down will help you greatly.

And if you aren't inspired, don't push it (unless you need to, for work or something). Break the routine and try something new, or something.
If you can't translate what you see in your head into pixels, keep trying. Don't just scrap it.
Pixel art shouldn't be taken as something where you see good results straight away. If something doesn't look like what you want, then keep editing, and editing, and playing with pixels here and there.
Imagine it as a puzzle where the more you mess around with it, the further you can push, and the better it will look.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 01:29:04 pm by Panda »