AuthorTopic: Never caught them all...  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Never caught them all...

on: May 26, 2007, 05:45:36 am
Evil Pokemon Trainer Schu, at your service, Mirre. Beat me and you get my Star Medallion.

Always loved Game Freak's style.
------
Schu

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Re: Never caught them all...

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 10:57:25 am
Pretty nice, I'm just not a fan of the selective black outlines, but that is a style of their sprites, so good one.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 01:45:34 pm
Haha, I love the design. You can look forward to a tought fight about that star medallion ;)

I noticed some things that makes it stick out from the Pokémon trainer style though. The feet are much bigger than most of the sprites. Generally the female trainer sprites have pretty small feet. The end of the pants are also huge, I can't spot a trainer with pants folded as yours at the bottom, but this might be a good reference anyways: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dptr/dptr130.png Another thing I noticed is the arm behind the back. You have one very straight line there (something I'd avoid with such a small sprite generally). Here's a similar pose for the arm you can use as reference: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dptr/dptr148.png

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 04:29:14 pm
Heeheehee... It wouldn't be Schu without the shoes ;D

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 06:45:35 pm
I'm not familiar with the pokemon trainer style, but I have to say, I love this sprite. Proportions, weight, pose, facial expression... all ace. The crazy flaring and folding at the pant cuffs is awesome.