AuthorTopic: [WIP] Tree (updated: 5.28.07)  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

[WIP] Tree (updated: 5.28.07)

on: May 25, 2007, 09:45:23 pm
Started this tree last night, taking a lot longer than I expected. Anyways, thought I'd get some advice on it before I get too far into it. So knock yourselves out. One thing I don't like is that the mid area's of the shading seems so bland, but I can't think of any way to really fix that. Ignore the trunk, I was messing around with it and didn't erase it. Initial inspiration would be from Beyond Oasis, though I think I geared pretty far from that style since I started.

Updated version(I hate how the leaves came out on the darker regions):

Newest update:
I tried to change the 'bubbles' feeling the leaves had, hoping to resolve the issues.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 08:34:45 pm by Dusty »

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Tree (updated)

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 01:21:32 am
For one, you need to finish that trunk. Another is that your tree needs more depth variation. Outside my house are two oak trees, and they're now perfectly round and lush.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 01:23:43 am
I really like this. Sweet work! I think the top one has the best shape. Try and apply the leaves from the darker places in the new version to this shape. I agree with Zee that it's starting to look a bit too "bubbly".

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 02:35:15 am
Thanks. I agree, I wasn't happy with how it turned out, I think I ended up rushing it a bit too much. As for the trunk, I know it needs to be finished, that's why it's still a WIP.
I dunno what I'm going to do with the right side, I completely ended up getting lost on how to accomplish what I envisioned. I'll probably redo the right side and go with a more 'flat' look, and not try to emphasize on the shape and depth too much.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Tree (updated: 5.28.07)

Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:35:21 pm
Newest update, trying to eliminate the bubbly leaves: