AuthorTopic: Haruspex's wolves  (Read 3169 times)

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Haruspex's wolves

on: May 13, 2007, 01:10:13 pm
Hi pixelation^^
I haven't posted any art for a while but a spriting contest on a french board put me back on the drawing board so here's my entry  :P

(their names are Agard, Magnus, Thorarin, Aore and a random Nokken's Wolf)

If you want to read the text which goes with the entry, you can read it here but it's in french.

The basic story behind it is that the Haruspex Agard (the guy with the cape) was banned from the world of humans because he was born with claws and trying to attack his own mother before even receiving a name. He was brought up by wolves but he soon understood that they were nothing more than animals and that he had the power to read inside living animals' entrails. In every single animal, the Truth is written. The Truth about the creation, the gods, the humans, their past and their future. Unfortunately, the animals tend to die before Agard can reads crucial secrets.
Still he managed to become a powerful wizard (thanks to his readings), able to transform his wolves into wild and ferocious dwarves.
Since then his goal has been to reach a land far in the north where only godlike beasts survive, he plans killing one of them with his wolves in order to read the whole Truth in it.

(keep in mind that the french text is much better ^^)

I won't modify my submission to the contest anymore but I still can edit it for my own pleasure. Thereforen, you can CC it as much as you want.
I'd like to thank Xenodrogen, Adarias and Titania for their input.

Edit : seems like my FTP is down, it will probably return in a few hours :/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:08:46 pm by fil_razorback »

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: Haruspex's wolves

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:24:51 pm
Wow, nice work :)
here are some thoughts:

The face is partly a bit strange.. is his left (our right) eye closed? if its closed I wouldn't make a horizontal line but turn the line a bit.. Also his right (our left) leg is quite big or is that part of his body armor? Its not that clear..

Cant say much about the anatomy but the thing above his hindlegs look a bit extreme/too high. also the texture seems a bit too random, and the outline could be fixed here and there.

brighter highlights on the armor, please :) also the beard isnt looking very beardy, texturewise.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 01:00:37 am
Very nice! I think the best of the bunch are the little dwarf/wolf-guy and the mage, since they're the most consistently put together. The one that needs some work in my opinion is the green dwarf. What's up with that armour? It looks like the colors have been corrupted.  :huh:

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 03:13:34 am
wow man work on the colors a little more and these are gonna be some grade A pixels man
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY