AuthorTopic: Bob. And Mr.Jenkins. Jenkins finished.  (Read 5962 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile
I think you should pixel cleaner. Not that everything has to look clean and smooth, of course, but your stuff looks jaggy, unfinished and full of random pixels and broken lines.
Your palettes aren't really efficient. Most of the colors you pick (for both shadows and highlights) are too close, and all they do is make the pictures messy and blurry. Also they are sort of muddy, which (at least for me) aren't that attractive.
The shading is rather random. It sort of hints you are trying to have a lightsource, but the way you pixelled it is really messy.

Don't put stuff just because. Give the things you do reasons.
Also you might want to try and look for lighting references (how things look when affected by certain lightsource, how do different materials react to that, etc). Especially for clothing

Once you are done that, you should move on with AA and dithering etc.

Good luck with further updates.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile
Yeah, I really do need to work on clothing, both shapes, and shading. Thanks for pointing it out, so I have no choice, but to work on it :crazy:
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: Bob. And Mr.Jenkins. Jenkins finished.

Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 01:21:23 am
Updated..Jenkins finished...this topic is starting to feel lonely...
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.