AuthorTopic: [WIP] Warlord remake pics...  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Jadefox02

• View Profile

[WIP] Warlord remake pics...

on: May 05, 2007, 09:43:51 pm
Me and my friend loved this game so much on the Atari that we decided to try and remake it (Merely for our entertainment only, not to sell online or whatever) And I made some graphics for it, just need some basic critique nothing too great because i dont have much time for it anyways. I havent pixeled in like 3 or 4 years. So also if anyone can program that'd be cool if you could I wouldnt think this would be too terrible to program. Heres the old game here ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlords_%28game%29 ) Any Ideas welcome :D

Tower and Walls:

Flags:

Shields:
v

Fireball:

Everything all together

Although if there was not any sort of copyright laws or w/e I might want to take more time on this and mkae it better, but now its merely for me and my friend's enjoyment.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:57:58 pm by Jadefox02 »

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Warlord remake pics...

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 10:22:30 pm
Ooo I loved that game! Anyways, it looks alright, but I would try making the graphics better, the only reason they were like that in the origional, was because there were strict restrictions to color usage and what not, now a days, there are not usch restrictions on most computers, meaning you can go into far greater detail. Also, don't save as JPEG, ruins the image, unless this was origionally a BMP, and photobucket was being assey as usual...ANyways if you actually program this, my hats off to you.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Jadefox02

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 12:29:18 am
As much as I would love to make the graphics better/use more colors I dont really dont have much time to waste on it, tons of school, music and the like. I'm hoping someone will maybe be like whoah cool and then do it for themselves so we can all play it. Rather than me do it and have it sloppy.

And yeah it was a BMP at first but I guess Photobucket changed it.

Offline Jadefox02

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:56:38 am
*bump*

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 12:59:54 am
whats the point if youre not looking to improve?

Offline Jadefox02

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 01:15:33 am
I want to improve just not whole ton, what i mean is no harsh critique jsut any small subtle changes that I could possibly make.

EDIT: And now that I think about it yeah i think I may have more time to work on it so any critique is good.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:21:32 am by Jadefox02 »