AuthorTopic: First animation  (Read 5090 times)

Offline ~KING~

• Where do I put my picture???
    • View Profile

First animation

on: April 20, 2007, 04:58:57 pm

Here is my walking monster look how good it is I'm so proud since no one could help me.
C&C If you will
Thanks,
~KING~

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:57:28 pm by ~KING~ »

Offline Orclaeder

• Hi there ^^
    • View Profile

Re: Walking look this is realy good

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 05:56:57 pm
It plays only once.. :mean:
Signature.

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 05:59:52 pm
How do I make it play more than once?

here

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 06:05:31 pm by ~KING~ »

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 06:01:06 pm
You're a bit impatient King.  I just saw your thread two seconds ago.  Mangust's thread has a good four-legged walk animation, if you need reference.

What sort of animation program are you using?  The one I use has a checkbox for looping, if yours is like mine, just make sure it's checked.

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 06:06:38 pm
If you saw my thread why didn't you help? :(
Thats me.I used his thread to guide me and I came up with this.

cool huh!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 06:08:44 pm by ~KING~ »

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 09:02:03 pm
I would really hate to be cruel, but the thread title is a bit oxymoronic. It's not really good, there's a lot of things you'll have to clean up and work on with the walk. As it is, it's just. . Random pixels moving.

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 09:19:42 pm
*sigh* I said I saw it two seconds before you changed it.  That's not enough time to post a reply.  And I only saw it because I happened to be online at the time.  The people who could help you the most with this aren't on 24-7, and not everyone who sees your thread will be able to help you.

Right now all of your legs are moving independently of each other.  For a walk, four legged creatures do a together apart thing.  Left front leg forward, left hind leg back, ect.  There's currently no flow to the motion either, there's a lot of going back and forth.  Steps have a circular motion.

Again, what program are you using to put the gif together?  It seems to be adding text and messing up your image.

Offline ~KING~

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 10:57:04 pm
Thats great but I'm not the best pixeler so I can't realy see what your saying. Sory for being impatient but,I realy want to work on this but I have no clue how to make this and no one ever helps me.In other topics people draw stuff for other people as examples but I get words and half the time I have no cule what your saying.I'm a visual learner and all I get a mouth full of words.

~KING~

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: First animation

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 11:23:03 pm
I wouldn't be focusing on the animation at this time.
I think it would benefit you more if you stuck to static images and focused upon improving your general art skills.
An animation if made up of many static images, but if the images themselves do not look that great, then the whole animation may not look great either.
Keep practicing and experimenting and finding out what works for you, don't settle for what you think is good. In order to improve, you have to see what there is to improve(through observation), and by knowing what can be better, you'll have done your first step towards making it better. But you can't make it better without doing anything, and so once you see what can be better, you must take action and do what you feel would make it better, and in time these new movements will become a natural process when you work..

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Re: First animation

Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 11:45:37 pm
Alright.  In the future, ask for an edit nicely, don't say things like "Everyone else gets one!  How come I don't?"  It's very off putting.

This is what I meant with the legs.  You might want something like this as a keyframe.

In all honesty, you should start with a human walk.  Two legs can make a huge difference, and some of the stuff you learn from that can be used in this.  Also, if you want help seeing what each frame looks like, look up something similar and see how they do it.  This is why I referred you to the other thread.  If you can't improve from that, an edit isn't going to be much use.