AuthorTopic: TERRA  (Read 2230 times)

Offline soldat

• View Profile
    • My Game-Dev-Blog

TERRA

on: April 20, 2007, 01:16:42 pm
What do you think about my started TERRA?

Am i on the right way?

A dragon, bird, gryphon like kernel.

It`s TERRA the earthincarnation and topdown.
Everything is art really, it is just a matter of looking at it that way.

http://chess-game-dev.blogspot.com/
My Site

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: TERRA

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 05:21:22 am
Well first I'd like to ask, why do you have 3 different dither styles on the (farthest back portions of wing  ???) brown things?  These brown things also lead me to notice the mish-mash of shading; you seem to have a lot of the lighting from the top left corner, but in some places, (the brown things, and the gold part on the bottom) the shading is way different--unify the lighting.
Next off, I'm assuming this is supposed to be metal? If so, some white highlights would do wonders.
Color-wise, I think you could easily cut the 31 to 16 with little to no information loss.  You may also want to play around a bit with the hues if you want a glossy metal look (though it's okay right now if you are going for more of a matte yellow paint look).
But other than that, this looks okay so far; the shape is unique--very hi-tech and space-like.  I'm looking forward to progress on this.

EDIT:

Got it down to 13...and started playing.....donno if this helps you much, but meh.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 05:48:59 am by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.